cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider skipping an infoprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am querying a multi provider ZRT_XXX, the multi provider contains DSOu2019s, InfoCubes and an InfoObject.

What I am trying to do is count by using a calculated key figure the total number of customers u2013 customers exist in the InfoObject and in two of the InfoCubes; however the Calculated Key Figure that I have created only returns customers in the InfoObject and ignores the customers in the InfoCube. I cannot see how you can restrict the CKF to one or other InfoProviders.

Also u2013 when I only query 0CUSTOMER the query returns ALL the customers I would expect to see i.e. from both the InfoObject and the InfoCube.

Any advice appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lachlan,

create a formula variable with a replacement path for replacing the 0customer. In the Formula editor set the 1) "Replace Variable With" -> Attribute Value 2) "Attribute" -> Characteristic Reference(Constant

3) "Dimension Indicator" -> Number

Assign this formual variable in the Formula of the Query .

The Formula variable returns 1 if the 0customer exisits in the record and it returns 0 if the 0customer value doesnot exist.

As the Formula populates either 1 or 0, it is easy to count the total using a SUMCT or SUMGT on the formula.

LNV

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Customer infoobject needs to be selected in Multiprovider as identification for all (infoobject, infocubes) them data is read from the infoproviders.

Regards

Daya Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

0CUSTOMER is identified as a characterisitic against the relevant InfoObject and also the InfoCubes - the CKF still does not pick up the correct total.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you count the number of customers ? If you use an exception aggreagtion, maybe you're referencing a KF which doesn't exist in the MD ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used exception aggregation type u201CTotalu201D with the Ref Characteristic 0CUSTOMER. What I donu2019t understand is why ALL customers will display when I simply query 0CUSTOMER but when I try to count those customers I only get the total number of customers in one of the InfoObjects, the customers in the InfoCube are not included in the total.

Regards

Lachlan