cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filters in webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a webi report on e-fashion.Created the report with city,state,year,salesrevenue.Then i applied the report filter on year.Picked the value 2001 for year (among 2001,2002,2003 values) from Inlist option. So i get the 2001 report data. But i also need to display the values 2003 and 2002 in the report in a cell or as a column. The basic thing is that i need to display those values(not the entire report data of 2003 and 2002) which i didn't pick while applying the report filter.

Please do help....

Thanks in Advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you create the Prompt ('1-Choose a Year?','D','Year' MULTI,CONSTRAINED) - Choose the 'multiple ' option.So that you can select the mutiple value (2001,2002.....).

create one more prompt In order to do the further filter on the year by quater/ month .

('2-Choose a Month?','D','Month' MULTI,CONSTRAINED) .

Since you are using eashion you are Prompt will be some thing like below

Hope this will help you..

@Select(Time period\Quarter) IN @Prompt('2-Choose Quater','A','Time period\Quarter',multi,free)

@Select(Time period\Year) IN @Prompt('1-choose year','a','Time period\Year',multi,Constrinted)

@Select(Time period\Month) IN @Prompt('3-Month','N','Time period\Month',multi,free)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your update.

But i am using a report prompt.

I am not creating prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you would have been performaing calculations then you could have used NoFilter function but there is no such function available in Webi to accomplish your requirement.

Though I have an affective workaround.

Create a new query on the same Universe.

Select the Year object. Do not apply any filter.

Run the query and select the option to "Insert the table in the current report"

It will insert a new table in the report with all the values.

Make sure the Year object from Query1 and Query2 are not merged.

From the Document Properties uncheck the option "Auto Merge Dimensions"

I hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Utkarsh thanks for your update.

I followed the workaround but i get all the year values i.e., 2001,2002,2003. But i need to get only 2002 and 2003(as i applying year filter on 2001).

Even though i use Nofilter() i get all the values of year.But this is not my req. If i am applying filter on year(2001) then i should get values other than filter values.i.e., 2002 and 2003.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Utkarsh i got it.

Thank you so much....

Thanks a ton.

JK

Answers (0)