cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the header material as type KMAT. For this material demand is coming through sales order. When we run MRP planned order is generated for lower level i.e semi finished. When we convert it to production

order and complete the prod. order process it is still showing in MD62 as Independent requirement. When we are changing the requirement date to order start date of KAMT, it is not showing in MD62/MD63.

We have two operation for header material(KMAT),both the operation has different start date.

Strategy for header material is 25 and for semifinished it is 70.

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

suman

Edited by: suman kumari on Sep 17, 2008 12:28 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strategy 25 is purely MTO, there are no setting for PIR.

If u create PIR by assigning 25 strategy in MD61,

I think you have created customer order by entering KEK (MD81) or MD61.

You need to delete the requirement in MD62.

If you are using planning strategy 25then it is a make to order scenario for which PIR's created in MD61 will not work and the Requirement type for strategy 25 is "KEK".

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mr. Brahmankar is right. PIR is not applicable for strategy 25. Regret my oversight.

Please refer link below fo more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/cb/7f9b7043b711d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

The PIR (if maintained) for the sub assemblies with strategy 70 will be consumed during material issue to FG production order. Please refer strategy 70 page in the same link above.

Regards,

Ashok