cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does JRC support native Oracle db driver or it must use JDBC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using JRC and Report Viewer in a thick client to view a Crystal Report (XI R2 or 2008) which accesses the data in an Oracle table, is JDBC required or the native Oracle drive will still work? If the native Oracel driver will work, anything needs to be defined? If JDBC is required, what needs to be setup?Besides of ojdbc14.jar for Oracle 10 (ojdbc5.jar for Oracle 11) in the CLASSPATH, what should be defined in CRConfig.xml? e.g.

<JDBCURL>jdbc:oralce:thin:@dbhost1:1521:ad1</JDBCURL>

<JDBCClassName>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</JDBCClassName>

Any sugguestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know that JRC is not supported for CR 2008 yet.

The URL and ClassName used:

URL: jdbc:oralce:thin:@dbhost1:1521:db1

ClassName: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

The above values were used to define the JDBC in the rpt with CR XI R2 and Oracle 10.2.0.3 on another machine and was working fine.

Thanks

Kin

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Is this a typo:

jdbc:oralce:thin:@dbhost1:1521:db1

The ClassName matches mine.

If the above was a typo, and not resolved, I'd recommend running [Process Monitor|http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx] to see if the Java Server process (java.exe) is picking up the ojdbc5.jar file.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Crystal Report 2008 work with JDBC of Oracle 11g?

When I tried to setup JDBC (create new database connection in Crystal Report 2008) for my rpt file (I haved already added the corresponding ojdbc5.jar to my classpath in CRConfig.xml), I get the pop-up message after I specified the Connection URL, Database Classname, User ID and Password:

Failed to open the connection,

Details: SQL Exception: [SQL State:] 08001 [Error Message:] No suitabledriver

Crystal Report version is CR Developer 12.0.0.683 and Oracle version is 11.1.0.6.0.

Partial content of CRConfig.xml:

<DataDriverCommon>

<JavaDir>C:\Program Files\Business Objects\javasdk\bin</JavaDir>

<Classpath>D:\oracle\11g\jdbc\lib\ojdbc5.jar;D:\oracle\11g\jlib\orai18n.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/crlovmanifest.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRLOVExternal.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJDBCServer.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBXMLServer.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBJavaBeansServer.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBXMLExternal.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/log4j.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/CRDBSForceServer.jar;C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\java/lib/external/CRDBSForceExternal.jar;$</Classpath>

<IORFileLocation>$</IORFileLocation>

<JavaServerTimeout>1800</JavaServerTimeout>

<JavaServerStartupTimeout>30</JavaServerStartupTimeout>

<JVMMaxHeap>64000000</JVMMaxHeap>

<JVMMinHeap>32000000</JVMMinHeap>

<NumberOfThreads>100</NumberOfThreads>

</DataDriverCommon>

I was able to setup the same report using Crystal Report XI R2 with JDBC of Oracle 10.2.0.3 (i.e. using ojdbc14.jar - classpath in CRConfig.xml) on a different machine.

Thanks for any recommendation

Kin

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It works on my Crystal Reports 2008 - what URL and ClassName did you specify in the report itself (i.e., not in the CRConfig.xml, but in the CR Designer)?

By the way, the current Java Reporting Component does not support Crystal Reports 2008 - a version that does is schedule for the end of this year.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The Java Reporting Component supports Java-based connectivity - JDBC, JNDI, JavaBeans, POJO and native XML.

In a stand-alone/desktop application, you'd specify the location of the driver jar in CRConfig.xml found in the classpath.

In Web Applications, you'd just plunk the jars in WEB-INF/lib

The connection URL and class name are specified within the rpt file itself.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda