cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing data from Excel Spreadsheet into SOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me where I can find instructions on how to import data into SOP form an Excel spreadsheet. I know there is a used exit MCP20001 EXIT_SAPMMCP6_001 but I don't see a transaction to execute this import exit from. Please help/clarify.

Thank you

I will award points to all who respond with useful information on importing info into SOP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have develop Z report with ABAP help to upload data from external system to into the info structure 551 and then we will transfer this to S076 (SOP) if required for forecasting and after final tuning this will be transferred to demand management.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I know it has been a while since you posted your response. Where can I find more specific information on the Z report creation? Why does it have to go into Info structure S551 first and not directly into S076?

We will have about 70 material numbers out of 100 we will changing the forcast for every month. Will we need to go into SOP and create new versions every month or is there a Function Module for that too?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please note the info structure os not different for different versions. ALl inactive versions are also storead in the same info struture.

The info structure will be different only of the planning type is different. For standard SOP the info stucture is S076.

You could also create your own info structures for the planning types you have created using flexible planning.

For copying within the same info structures use transaction MC78. Here select the inactive version in the source and select the active version in the target. The copy with the button given for this.

Within the MC87 copying is only possible between different info structures.

Hope this helps your understanding.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Previously you wrote:

"You have develop Z report with ABAP help to upload data from external system to into the info structure 551 and then we will transfer this to S076 (SOP) if required for forecasting and after final tuning this will be transferred to demand management.Regards,R.Brahmankar"

My previous question was about this sentance; "develop Z report with ABAP help to upload data from external system to into the info structure 551 and then we will transfer this to S076 (SOP)"

I am sorry, I am still confused. Why do we need to import the data into info structure 551 then transfer it to S076? Please explain. I am meeting with the ABAP developers to discuss developing the report and I need to understand the process. sorry...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to implement a userexit then you have to define an enhancement project (transaction CMOD), assign all enhancements (e.g. CATS0001, CATS0002, etc.) you need an then implement them. Finally, you have to activate your project in order to activate the userexits.

Also please refer the thread below.

[Thread|;

Other user exits for MC87 - refer [This|;

Regards,

Ashok