cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleet - Vehicle Maintenance Reporting System VMRS Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have any one developed or incorporate VMRS code in SAP PM with Maintenance order .

I need help on that .

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes - but what are you trying to do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you please tell me what development u done and how

in VMRS area

thanks

AB
Contributor
0 Kudos

The customer wanted to have the ability to assign a maximum of one VRMS code to each work order operation. I did this by appending the operation and replacing one of the SAP operation subscreens with another that additionally had the VRMS codes.

What they really wanted was to cost maintenance work by VRMS code - which isn't possible until operation level costing is introduced by SAP - something that has been in the pipeline for many years but hasn't yet appeared in standard PM.

So the best that can be done presently, if costing is also required, is to link the VRMS code with the order header.

From a technical perspective, it wasn't hard - if you understand the architecture of the PM/PS/PP order and know how to integrate new screens and functions via the screen sequence control mechanism. See Tx VFBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At my last customer I approached this from a slightly different angle. Using standard SAP I created the VRMS codes as damage codes in a catalog that could then be assigned to a notification. We then configured the system so that the user has to create a notification before converting it to an order, rather than creating an order directly in IW31. The notification need only be the equipment number and a damage code if you want to minimise user input. It was then possible to report on damage by VRMS code using standard SAP PM cost reporting.

The main disadvantage with this approach is that the cost of the whole PM order is assigned to the VRMS code, rather than individual operations on the order, which often meant that the business had to create more PM orders where multiple VRMS codes needed to be costed against for one set of repairs. The advantage here however is that no changes to standard SAP are needed, it can all be done through config.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew Barnard

can you please help me out how u created field in operations

using VFBS

I worked on user exit and BADI but not on screen exit and VFBS

i appreciate if you help me on that

Just for Info SAP is allowing operation level costing with special request in ECC 6.0

Thanks

Edited by: Khurana Ajay on Sep 19, 2008 4:14 PM

AB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Khurana Ajay,

It is not easy to provide a simple how-to in this forum for the screen sequence control functionality. The approach outlined using the damage codes on the notification looks interesting.

Whilst the screen sequence control is open and flexible (and does contain reserved namespaces for customer functions), it hasn't been documented in english as far as I tell. (I can't find references in the SAP help - and the key function module SCREEN_SEQUENCE_CONTROL only has german documentation).

You probably wouldn't invest the time in learning this approach unless you were going to be adding lots of new functions and screens to programs that already utilise this techique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel Urwin

Can you please tell me how you manage VMRS code in notification

System codes i.e 13 brakes , 32 cranking system , 24 drive shafts

Work Accomplished 03, 13

Failure codes

Using notification

Thanks

Edited by: Khurana Ajay on Sep 26, 2008 11:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos