cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runing BO 6.5 and Xi 3.0 on the same machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed 6.5 and Xi 3.0 on the same workstation. Both versions run fine when I run them one at a time (open one, work on it, then exit before starting the other).

However, when I run 6.5 and Xi 3.0 simultaneously, then the next time I try to run either of them, I receive a message asking me to install again.

Has anyone run into this?

Michael O

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This configuration unfortunately is not supported. If you need to use the same physical machine, I would recommend you to install a virtual machine and run one of the installation on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Constantino,

Is there no way this will work? As I have several customers thinking about or planning an upgrade/migration to XI 3.0, running legacy and new software side-by-side on the same machine is a very important issue, especially as migrations are usually an incremental process, requiring both versions to co-exist for some time.

I have never had any problems running 5.x / 6.x and XI r2 on the same machine, even simultaneous, that's why I'm so surprised at the sudden change.

Any input would be welcome! Thank you!

Kind regards,

Kristof Speeckaert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following forum post might be helpful for you.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=67785

Regards,

Sarbhjeet Kaur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Constantino,

Could you please let me know if we have any official document from SAP to support your statement?

Regards,

Ankur Potdar.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Not saying this is supported but it should work. It wouldn't ever be recommended and if you had issues one of the 1st recommendations from support would be to remove legacy apps, cleanup the system and reinstall XI 3. I've seen customers get 6.5 working with XIR2 so there is no reason it shouldn't work with XI 3.x (but don't do it if you don't have to).

Regards,

Tim

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member212749
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Would Recomend you to use any one version.

Regards

Prashant