cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL with "~" not showing when accessing portal from Internet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I realized that I can't get some portal objects when trying to access my portal URL from Internet.

Working fine if used within the corporate lan instead.

We noticed that icons/gif are not showed, but we realized that inaccessible objects are those which url contains "~".

We performed a comparison between internet explorer temp files when accessing from internet and internet in order to get such conclusion.

Example:

we cannot access

http://external-url.com/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/cafeugpuirtwc/Components/com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rtwc.CInformationList/alertsAndWarnings.gif

we can access

http://internal-url.com/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/cafeugpuirtwc/Components/com.sap.caf.eu.gp.ui.rtwc.CInformationList/alertsAndWarnings.gif

Some webdispatcher redirect configuration:

icm/HTTP/redirect_0 = PREFIX=/, TO=/irj/index.html

icm/HTTP/redirect_1 = PREFIX=/webdynpro, TO=/webdynpro/, HOST=external-url.com, PORT=80

#icm/HTTP/redirect_1 = PREFIX=/webdynpro, FROM=/webdynpro/*, TO=/webdynpro/

#icm/HTTP/redirect_2 = PREFIX=/images, FROM=/images/*, TO=/images/, HOST=external-url.com, PORT=80

#icm/HTTP/redirect_3 = PREFIX=/logon, TO=/logon/, HOST=external-url.com, PORT=80

None of the above have succeed.

Any idea will be appreciated.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes you have a different setup for internal and external access. E.g. some customers I have seen use 3rd party tools like CA Siteminder for external access. Sometimes these tools or indeed the webserver stop "illegal" url characters - generally it can be configured to stop seeing "" as illegal and therefore allow URL's with "" in them.

Perhaps this is your problem? You should look at all the steps from Client to Server in both scenarios (internal and external) and see that the differences are.

BRgds,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Simon is right, that would be the problem. The thing is, we have sap webdispatcher in DMZ and anything else in front of the portal WAS JAVA.

I couldn't find any additional configuration to stop filtering special characters.

Also tried with Apache with no luck.

But I believe this could be the problem.

Thank you all

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there perhaps some sort of firewall filtering going on? If your in a DMZ then you will have an external and internal firewall protecting that DMZ - maybe check that....

BRgds,

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

I am facing the same problem while accessing ESS from Internet.

First time the icons/images gets displayed and first time when we click on any link on the page for example Hide Calendar, it works fine.

Second time again when we click the same link, the icons/ images does not display. This time it shows Cross Mark instead of images.

Can you please help me with this?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Sorry, I was not able to fix this issue. I have made a fresh install in another server and we are migrating from the old one. Since it is not a production server, for demo instead, we are doing the migration very slowly. We have not the chance to test if that issue still persists.

I will update this issue in case I have further news.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Claudio,

What is the version of ur IE?

if it is IE Ver 7.0

then this problem is due to Portal non compatability with IE Ver 7.0

kindly try to open portal on any Mchine which is haveing IE Ver 6.0 if every thing goes fine on this machine then its sure that IE Ver 7.0 is creating problem

Hope this help's

Regards.

Soni Vinit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Soni,

Thank you for your help.

I don't believe IE7 could be the problem, because we can use Portal inside the corporate intranet using IE7 with no problems.

Anyway, I tried with IE6, problem persists.

Any further ideas willbe appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.