cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I perform a "space analyis" of our system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

My appologies, as I am more basis than oracle - and have been prestented with an interesting challenge.

I need to do a space analysis on our production systems to see if we could get an "average monthly growth" of our database. We are trying to determine how much productin space we have, and how long it will last.

I've been asked not to take a "total file size" - as we are always adding data files before they are full.

Does anyone know of any easy way of attaining this data? are there any tools that could help me do this?

Thank you everyone in advance for any help.

Richard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

> I need to do a space analysis on our production systems to see if we could get an "average monthly growth" of our database. We are trying to determine how much productin space we have, and how long it will last. are there any tools that could help me do this?

Just use the transaction DB02 or DB02n.. all the information about database size or free size is included there. You have also a statistic about the monthly or daily growth of the database or its objects.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Stephan... Let me play around with those, and I belive it should get me started quite well... (issue is with aggr size on sans, etc) - but db wise, perfect.

thank you

Richard

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Do you have access to (or configured) the Early Watch Alert report?

The information you are looking for is already in the mentioned report.

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if using netweaver 2004s or above, use DB02OLD, or use DB02 for previous versions.

click on the SPACE STATISTICS button, top right

click on MONTHS button top left

now, all you need to do is to take export this in excel, and calculate (Size/kb) - (Free/kb)