cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO XI2; CRS XI2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have few simple questions; I'm not Crystal expert

Main differences between BO XI2 and CRS (Crystal Report Server) XI2?

Is it possible to create crystal reports in BO Infoview? I have BO Enterprise XI Release 2 installed, and I don't see any option in Infoview that says something like New -> Crystal Report; Is this because of licenses we have?

Is it possible to publish reports from CRS XI2 (or any other Crystal Report tool) to BO XI2? In which documentation I can find this information.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Main differences between BO XI2 and CRS (Crystal Report Server) XI2?

Salability. CRS is a medium throughput solution, BOE is highly scalable. For CRS all services run on one server only. With BOE you can distribute the load to any number of servers.

Is it possible to create crystal reports in BO Infoview? I have BO Enterprise XI Release 2 installed, and I don't see any option in Infoview that says something like New -> Crystal Report; Is this because of licenses we have?

Infoview is not the tool for designing reports. Infoview is for viewing, publishing, etc., of already created reports. The CR designer is.

Is it possible to publish reports from CRS XI2 (or any other Crystal Report tool) to BO XI2? In which documentation I can find this information.

You can publish reports to CRS or BOE.

More documentation:

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/bosap-support

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000713358&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek - Thanks for your response.

I have again a couple of more questions;

In my Infoview, I can create new Web Intelligence Doc, Analytics, Hyperlink etc...and you mentioned it is only for viewing. What are the proper tools for creating Web Intelligence and Analytics?

I also notice in my BO Enterprise Application Settings in CMC, Crystal Report Explorer does not have keys. If I try to import reports from CRS to BOE (that is without Crystal Report Explorer), will I be able to see Crystal Reports in Infoview?

Thanks!

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, from here, I have to ask you to please post to the following forums (just to keep things nice a nd clean).

In my Infoview, I can create new Web Intelligence Doc, Analytics, Hyperlink etc...and you mentioned it is only for viewing. What are the proper tools for creating Web Intelligence and Analytics?

- See the Business Objects Web Intelligence forum and post this query there:

I also notice in my BO Enterprise Application Settings in CMC, Crystal Report Explorer does not have keys. If I try to import reports from CRS to BOE (that is without Crystal Report Explorer), will I be able to see Crystal Reports in Infoview?

- see the Business Objects Enterprise Administration forum post this query there:

Those forums are monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there. Also, all relevant technology queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek