Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change SAP* TU02 Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently implementing SAP and I need to secure SAP* on our boxes. In TU02 I see that login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to "0". I need to change this parameter to read "1".

HOW do I do this?? I have heard that parameter changes are made using tx RZ10-RZ11.

Can someone please advise how to change this setting?

Thanks,

Todd

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

Lots of info on maintaining profile params here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/c4/3a6254505211d189550000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

If you haven't done it before then I strongly recommend that you get one of your Basis team to show you & talk through the process (e.g. DEFAULT profile & Instance profiles). From memory that param is not dynamic so you would need to restart the box for it to come into effect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex.

I initially thought TU02 was for changing the params but understand now it is really display only correct?

0 Kudos

Rz10 is what you are looking for.

TU02 shows you current values of parameters on the file system and history of file will show some changes to parameters shared with other servers. But it can be unrelaible sometimes as "basis" shift things around.

If you request this from your "basis" support and approve the change it should normally be sufficient, unless you are the basis guy

As of release 7.00 (I think) this parameter is anyway defaulted to "1".

Please see SAP Note 2383 which differentiates between the logon of SAP* and securing the user master record of SAP*.

Cheers,

Julius