cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Withholding Tax

Former Member
0 Kudos

I read somewher that withholding tax type can be assgined to multiple tax codes. but when i try to populate the sa tax type to more then on etax code in vendor master data, system tells me an entry already exists and will not let me save it.

Does the withholding tax type and tax code have to be i one to one relationship in order to record them in vendor master ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
saikrishna_vallurupalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

withholding tax type and code is not one to one concept, it is one to many, that means one tax type u can assign number of tax code

tax type for identification of TDS section(ex. 194c,194j), tax code for rate of TDS(basic-2%,surcharge-10%,cess-3%) for that section.

for more details on this please use following link, u can get the clear idea.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/09/ebf138cdd78a4be10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheena

In the witholding tax type you need to define the TDS section for which this witholding tax type (WTT) is meant for. Example 194C, 194J etc. In the Witholding tax code, you can define whether it is for Individual or Company. (Recall that the TDS rate u/s 194I is different for Individual and Companies). The rate of TDS (%) is defined as a combination of type & code. In the vendor master, you can define one WTT only once. However there is not one to one relation between the two. More than 1 Witholding tax Code can be defined under same WTT.

I hope you got the answer

Parag Bhargava