cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change database password for multiple reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have hundreds of crystal reports scheduled in Enterprise XI(Infoview). For business reasons, we are planning to change the Oracle database password. I looked at the schedule manager for changing the Oracle database access for set of reports. When I changed the password, it affects the reports I scheduled afresh but not the already existing recurring instances.

I browsed through the forums and I see that infoview - CMC and Scheduled Manager does not allow a bulk database update(update of login/password for recurring instances). Forums suggest writing a SDK application or buying universe or Object manager to achieve the same. Is there any other way to accomplish this with the existing setup?

As the jobs are scheduled, I think there must be some files holding those information. If so, where can I find those files to change the database access for the existing recurring instances on the crystal server?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been a real limitation for us as well. While we were not able to bulk-apply the report credentials, we were able to lessen the pain by using a desktop automation tool called AutoHotKey (AHK). Using AHK we recorded our steps in applying the new credentials in a script which we could then execute with a hot key (example: Ctrl-Y). This sped up the process of manually applying new database credentials to 200+ reports.

AHK is free and can be found via Google. Google knows all.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jim. We have reports in hundreds and each of them have hundreds of instances for different customers. Maybe I have to google the hot key option too. But it would have been wonderful if the schedule manager updated even the recurring instances.It would have been a peice of cake for the BO customers.