cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting the workflow open instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the below scenario, where user creates a PO and WF triggers and waiting for the approver to approve it. Before approver approves it another user releases the PO manually. In this scenario, when the PO is released, the WF instance which is in In Process status should be completed and the WI for the approval should disappear from the approvers inbox.

Could anyone tell me how to achieve this.

Thanks,

MK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to tab events under basic data -> version-dependent

Put RELEASED event and chose the receiver type 1 - cancel workflow

Ronit.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From past experience, I've found that Terminating Events do not work with User Decisions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides we had an additional requirement of notifying existing approvers and of manual (external ) release of the document.

So created a new branch with event reciever for released event, and checked the event container for transaction that generated this event. That way filtered whether it was manual release or via workflow.

You can use this method and simply let the workflow complete in that branch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where are you using user decision tasks ?

As far as I know, the PO approval is a dialog step. See Standard task TS20000166. This is used for PO approval, but has terminating events. So, this step in the workflow would be completed if the user completes them manually or by using workflows.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use terminating events in the task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sapient,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I thought of the same solution, but I don't know where to specify the terminating events. Mine is a user decision task and SAP ECC6.0. Could you please let me know where to define the terminating events.

Thanks,

MK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

IF you are using a user decision step, then in that step, go to "Control" tab and you will know the task id. If it is TS00008267, it's the std. user decision task. I'd say, create your own custom user decision by copying from TS00008267 and use that custom task.

ONce you have the custom task, go to PFTC, and change mode for this task, and you'll find the "Terminating Events" tab. And you can specify the cont. element and event..

But, remember, you hve to have the BO, for which you are raising the Terminating event, as a cont. element in the custom User decision task.

Hope this helps.

venu