Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Does J2EE server (sap mmc console) needs internet connection to stay GREEN?

Hello everybody,

I am just curious, that I have noticed this many times.

Ok, I access my SAP mmc console to start my J2EE server for my portal..etc. The server will start and run fine with all instances showing GREEN ( all processess running ) 'only' if I am connected to my wireless network at home. (internet connection)

Lets say, i lose my wireless internet connection due to some problem. All of a sudden this loss of wireless connection affects my J2ee server and jcontrol.exe goes 'YELLOW' and says, "some processes running"

Again if i get my internet connection back, the server goes back to Green again with all processes running.

Jeez, for some reason I thought that you dont need to have a valid internet connection for the server to run 'Green' ?? But, you see in my case, its demanding the internet connection... why?

Thanks for all your help!

Dino.

Edited by: Dino on Sep 16, 2008 9:13 PM

Edited by: Dino on Sep 16, 2008 9:16 PM

replied

Hello. Are you have other network card in your server(or PC) where your SAP are installed? The sap are IDES or Trial, or Full NW system? As i know to install it you need network card or MS Loopback adapter. --> documentation from SAP -->

"If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter. The procedure to install a loopback adapter is documented within the download package. " But it will help on installation stage, I do not know as helps on this stage .....

Regards.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question