cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does J2EE server (sap mmc console) needs internet connection to stay GREEN?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am just curious, that I have noticed this many times.

Ok, I access my SAP mmc console to start my J2EE server for my portal..etc. The server will start and run fine with all instances showing GREEN ( all processess running ) 'only' if I am connected to my wireless network at home. (internet connection)

Lets say, i lose my wireless internet connection due to some problem. All of a sudden this loss of wireless connection affects my J2ee server and jcontrol.exe goes 'YELLOW' and says, "some processes running"

Again if i get my internet connection back, the server goes back to Green again with all processes running.

Jeez, for some reason I thought that you dont need to have a valid internet connection for the server to run 'Green' ?? But, you see in my case, its demanding the internet connection... why?

Thanks for all your help!

Dino.

Edited by: Dino on Sep 16, 2008 9:13 PM

Edited by: Dino on Sep 16, 2008 9:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Are you have other network card in your server(or PC) where your SAP are installed? The sap are IDES or Trial, or Full NW system? As i know to install it you need network card or MS Loopback adapter. --> documentation from SAP -->

"If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter. The procedure to install a loopback adapter is documented within the download package. " But it will help on installation stage, I do not know as helps on this stage .....

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Are you have other network card in your server(or PC) where your SAP are installed? The sap are IDES or Trial, or Full NW system? As i know to install it you need network card or MS Loopback adapter. --> documentation from SAP -->

"If no DHCP server is available on your network (which dynamically determines the IP address) or your computer is not connected to any network, you need to install the virtual interface adapter MS Loopback Adapter. The procedure to install a loopback adapter is documented within the download package. " But it will help on installation stage, I do not know as helps on this stage

Sergo:

Thanks for replying to my query.

All I have is one wireless on-board network card in my system. On it, I installed SAP NetWeaver 2004S SR 3 Trial Edition.

My internet connection setup is pretty simple:

-- DSL modem is connected to Router.

-- I just simply wirelessly connect to the router for internet. So, my system has a local LAN I.P assigned by my router, 192.168.1.105.

The router has the DHCP server. So, I would say, the router manages the IP Addresses. But, I had set my local lan ip to be STATIC. So, that the router doesnt have to assign a new one everytime.

So, lets say I am simply surfing the net in the basement. If for some reason, I lose wireless connectivity to the router (which i get internet access from). The jcontrol.exe goes YELLOW, saying "some processes running". If I connect back to my network again, the server takes a while, but within few moments, jcontrol.exe goes GREEN saying, "all processes running".

Hmm, I guess I will now look for that SAP installation documentation you suggested to look into.

Dino.

Edited by: Dino on Sep 17, 2008 7:28 AM

Edited by: Dino on Sep 17, 2008 7:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergo:

I did as you suggested. Looked into the documentation, and installed the loopback adapter. Now, my server runs GREEN even if i dont have internet connection available!

Thanks buddy for your help. Reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly appreciate it!

You are my Portal Hero/Guru now!

Dino.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, no problem , only read documentation Next time. Regards.

Answers (0)