cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running total reset on group change and formula based on line level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am comparing a purchase order change history table and only want to see the lines were the Sales Order line had a change in Price, Quantity and Delivery Date as compared to the previous line (of that specific PO line). I grouped the records by PO # and then line number. I then added a sort order based on the changed date for the detailed records.

I am not sure if this is the best way, but I was trying to use running totals (maximum and minimum running total for the date and average running total for the price and qty). I want the running total to reset if a change took place (price, qty or date) and every time the group change.

Can somebody help with the formula, or if there is a better way of doing this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did try "create a formula that concatenates the field you grouped on & qty & date" before, but could not get it to work as a group item. This time I deleted the group and used it on the detail level and it works!

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a formula that concatenates the field you grouped on & qty & date (put a separator between the group field and qty if there is any chance of confusion - otherwise group A21 qty 12 will look just like group A211 qty 2.

Then you have a few options:

you can make another group on this formula and reset on change of group.

you can reset on change of field (I'm not sure if that works with a formula)

you can reset on a Formula:

{@GroupPlusQtyPlusDate} <> PREVIOUS({@GroupPlusQtyPlusDate})