Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Totaling subreport data on each page

I have 5 subreports linked to the main report all based on Employee ID. They each pass their data via a shared variable. The data is being passed to the main report without a problem. When I try to total each page (one per employee), I am not getting the correct total when there is a blank value for one of the subreports. If the value should be 0, the subreport is still holding the value from the previous employee, and adding that into the total - even though it is not displaying a total.

Is there a way to clear the shared variable for each page (employee). I have tried putting a reset in the page footer, but it doesn't seem to work. I have also tried putting a reset variable in the header of the subreport - that also didn't work.

My subreports are currently located in the details section of the main report. My report total (on each page) is located in the details b section, along with the shared variables that bring the totals from the subs.

How can I get the shared variables cleared after the totaling of each page? I'm using Crystal 2008, and I'm stumped!

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question