BEx Variable Screen After Initial Entry Pre-populates fields with Hash Mark
The following sequence is causing issues with BEx Queries running in Portal
1. Run the query with no filters resulting in a full listing
2. Use the u201Cvariable screenu201D button to open the variable entry screen u2013 all the blank entries have all been replaced with a literal u201C#u201D (hash mark)
3. Press the OK button without modifying any variables u2013 no results are returned
4. Try again, this time deleting the literal "#" (hash mark)
5. Results are returned as expected (the query returns values as if no filters)
There should be no need to have to delete the hash marks to run the query, the Variable Entry screen should come up blank when sumoned.