Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during implict enhancement

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

What does this message mean?

Function Module HRXSS_PER_DELETE_P0021_US	(row) 1	Error
In dem Coding zu einer nicht-statischen Erweiterung sowie in einer		
nicht-statischen ENHANCEMENT-SECTION müssen die Kontrollkonstrukte (IF,		
CASE u.ä.) abgeschlossen werden.		

GOOGLE TRANSLATION
In the coding to a non-static enlargement and in a 
ENHANCEMENT non-static-SECTION must control constructs (IF, 
CASE, etc.) to be completed.

Specifically, I was trying to enhance an ESS function module, HRXSS_PER_DELETE_P0021_US implicitly, at the beginning of the function module. (It may be important, that previously, we had enhanced another fm in the same group, HRXSS_PER_MODIFY_P0021_US ). Anyway, i went to se37, displayed the code, hit the enhancement spiral, displayed implicit enhancements, set focus on the begin of fm line, , and hit create enhancement. It may also be important to note that I used an existing enhancement implementation, Z_P0021. The code opened up, and showed

ENHANCEMENT 2 Z_P0021 * ENDENHANCEMENT.

I added my code, but have trouble activating stuff. I've gone through a few renditions by now, but I just can't seem to get there.

Any ideas...

...Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case the german message actually makes more sense.

It seams that you have an open control structure in your enhancement block. Like an if without an endif or a loop without endloop or a case without endcase.

Go through your enhancement and make sure that you 'close' all coding blocks you start.

Hope that helps,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this case the german message actually makes more sense.

It seams that you have an open control structure in your enhancement block. Like an if without an endif or a loop without endloop or a case without endcase.

Go through your enhancement and make sure that you 'close' all coding blocks you start.

Hope that helps,

Michael

mike_mcinerney
Participant
0 Kudos

You know, I would have thought so, but I had pared down my code to almost nothing, with now flow control, and still had the error.

But, in reality, that was the problem - just not where I was looking. An error had inadvertently been introduced to the '1' code (in a different module) , but I was focused on '2' .

All better for both of us now - have some points.

Thanks...

...Mike