cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workflow setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is specifically regarding the workflow portion. I noticed that for some items (like expense reports), we could view the history of that item in SAP and see the workflow process. However, for other items we receive an error message when trying to view the workflow overview from SAP (there are no workflows that have already been worked with this object). This is weird bc I can view the workflow history if I open SAP from the worklist. Is there a reason for this? Is there a configuration to allow all document workflows to be viewed?

Also, using the workflows above that showed the detail, I noted the t-code "SWNWIEX". However, it asks for Work Item ID. What is this Work Item ID? Is there a way I can look up this number?

Based on the above, are there alternative ways to see the workflow detail in SAP for a particular item?

Thanks! Obviously I'm a novice user.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the BO behind the item(typically a transaction like inv, order, notif..etc.,) active and generated properly. Check in SWO1. Sometimes, if this Bus. Obj is not generated / active, then the error "There are no workflows XXXXX" is given.

Also, try SWI6 transaction with giving the Busi.Obj and the exact key.If it's displaying the wflow log, then it should work from the "Services for Object" button available at the item level, like invoice FV60, MIR4, or Notif. QM03 etc.,

Hope this helps

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto swdd.

Give your WF id.

In Menu Goto

Extras --> Workflow Of this Definition

and then F8.

You will get instances and first colum is workitem id or workitem No.

Regrds,

Purvesh Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Transaction SWI1 and put in the workflow number there. This would give a list of all triggered instances of your workflow.

If you do not know your workflow number, just complete the date and time fields and execute the report. You should get an overview of all the active workflows that have been triggered.

Regards,

Satish