cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return po

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

while doing return PO with out doing GR my stock will be reduced based on return PO stock.

how to solve this

pls explain

thanks

ganesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Without creating GR Document, system will not reduce stock of material on the basis of return PO.

Return PO Cycle is as following;

1. ME21N - Create a Returns PO (Activate "Returns" indicator for PO line item)

2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Purchase Order (Returns PO) (Here system will hit Mvmt type "161" and you can also select Un-restricted/blocked stock from where you want to return the stock)

3. J1IS u2013 Excise Invoice Other Movements

Here click on u201Ccreateu201D button to create an outgoing excise invoice and reverse the CENVAT Amount.

Here put all details as below and Press u201CEnteru201D.

Ref.doc.type - MATD, Doc Number - Material document No of 161 mvmt, Doc Year, Series Group, Excise Group, Vendor

Here check BED, ECS and SECess values to be reversed and click on u201CSaveu201D button to post the excise invoice.

4. J1IV - Post and Print Outgoing Excise Invoice.

5. MIRO - Credit memo w.r.t. Returns PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

thanks for your reply,

you explained the steps for return PO

my doubt

1) first i created PO using Me21n

2)I never do GR (i never receive the stock from vendor)

3) by using Me22n i changed to Return PO

4) after that i do GR and the Mvmtype 161 automatically selected by the system

4)And the stock is reduced based on Return PO stock

with out doing GR how the Return PO reduce the stock

Once i changed to Return PO and i do GR how the stock is returned to vendor

please tell me abt this doubt

actually where and which case we can do Return PO

thanks

ganesh

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now Cancel the 161 Material Document / Do + 1 then Material will come into Stock.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/26/ce653a5aa1ed49e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Please Go thru the above link for Return Po Reasons.

The Return PO Process Would be :

Create a Return Purchase Order with Return Item Indicator.

Make a Goods Receipt against the Return Po of which 161 Movement will automatically takes Place.

Create a Excise Invoice for Other Movements Using J1IS & J1IV (If the Material is Excisable)

Create a Credit Memo.

Regards,

Ashok

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Return PO is created to return the materials already purchased from vendors.

For e.g. -

1. Suppose you have uploaded the initial stock of materials in SAP system at the time of Go-live and from that stock you have to return materials to vendor so you will create return PO and do the necessary activities.

2. Suppose you have purchased some material from vendor through route PO > GR > LIV > Payment. And now there is a requirement to return the material to vendor so for this you have to cancel the LIV Document first and also reverse the Payment Document otherwise system will not allow you to do Return Delivery to Vendor (Movement type 122) which is a tedious job so better follow Return PO process.

Answers (0)