cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production system

Former Member
0 Kudos

is that possible to develop objects in production system?If yes please help me out with the procedure?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not recommended to develope objects in productive system. But for BI/BW usually Infopackages/DTPs can be manipulated, Process chains created, Queries added and so on.

For Queries we just use a naming convention to decide which query is local (LQU) and transported (ZQU).

To answer your question how:

Usually it would be enough to use SCC4 to open a system. But this is not enough for a BW/BI. You have to use SE06 to open the system to changes of Queries and so on.

As I said, I do not recommend to allow changes on other objects than Queries, Process Chains and Infopackages/DTPs. Especially not for Infoobjects, DSO or Cubes.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

chemicala_srimallikarjuna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a good practice , any objects will be created in Dev system test it and transport into quality for integration if every thing works fine transport into Production system is ideal and highly recommanded so that all the systems will be in synch and is to support the in long run.

In exceptional cases some companies will allow, to directly create a few queries in Production and in this case make sure your changes should reflect to Dev and quality systems also.

Hope this helps

Regards

CSM Reddy

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally it is not possible in production system.Also it is not a good practice to create/change objects in production system. If you are authorized to do so, just follow the same procedure as in DEV sys.

Hope this helps.........

Rgs,

Ravikanth.