Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify a standard search HELP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there , guys I need to add a new tab for a standard search help of a field , How Can I do that ? , How Can I find the search help that I have to modify ?. thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How Can I find the search help that I have to modify ?

I hope you need to know the search help name for which you need to do the modifications(adding a new tab). If its that you case, go to the transaction code ,get the F1 help for your field, take its technical information for this filed, there you may have your search help name. If its not there, doubt click on that filed, it will lead you to SE11, take the "Entry help/check" tab , there you will get the search help name under "srch help" column.

I need to add a new tab for a standard search help of a field , How Can I do that ?

In this case, you have your search help name. Go to SE11 and get on to the search help page. Make you search help a "Collective search help"(if is an elementary search help).You can do that by Edit->Change search help type. Then you will have one more tab called "Included search helps". Here you can add other search helps. And these search helps will display as different tabs in your original one.

Try this.

Thanks

Sumi

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to check the screen attributes (press F1 on the field and then Technical Info) of the field where u need to change the search help.

After knowing the seach help u can changed it by SE11 adding an append search help.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use append search help to add a new search help to an existing standard sap search help..

Please check the help..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/4c/ab0d79e5ce11d295f900a0c929b3c3/content.htm

Thanks

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How Can I find the search help that I have to modify ?

I hope you need to know the search help name for which you need to do the modifications(adding a new tab). If its that you case, go to the transaction code ,get the F1 help for your field, take its technical information for this filed, there you may have your search help name. If its not there, doubt click on that filed, it will lead you to SE11, take the "Entry help/check" tab , there you will get the search help name under "srch help" column.

I need to add a new tab for a standard search help of a field , How Can I do that ?

In this case, you have your search help name. Go to SE11 and get on to the search help page. Make you search help a "Collective search help"(if is an elementary search help).You can do that by Edit->Change search help type. Then you will have one more tab called "Included search helps". Here you can add other search helps. And these search helps will display as different tabs in your original one.

Try this.

Thanks

Sumi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I have an issue in HR OM.

I wanted to restrict the F4 help values in program S_AHR_61016491/S_AHR_61016492/S_AHR_61016493 for the Objid based on the User id.

Kindly help me how to achieve this.

Thanks

Thiru