cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking the right PPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a situation in which halbA is used to make 3 FERTS. All ferts and halb are planned in APO. 3 ppms are defined for the halb.In the ppt I can see all 3 ppm lines but irrespective of from where dependent demand comes(for which FERT), the first ppm of the HALB is selected for planning while heuristic running. How can I set ppms wrt FERTS?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what the heck are you talking about?

A PPM is for an output material, the fert.

Each fert will have its own PPM and consequently will each contain the Halb. This is no different than a BOM in R/3.

Ken Snyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

We plan even halbs in APO. May be you are missing something?

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Source selection in a order is not dependent on the product generating the dependent requirement.

To my knowledge there is no standard SAP functionality in APO regarding this.

If you really want to achieve this functionality then enhancement is an option.

Basically Source of Supply Selection BADI exit needs to be implemented with code to look at the product creating the dependent demand and based on that select different source of supply. The mapping for source of supply (PPM in this case) and the Product creating Dependent Demand has to be maintained some where (a Z table?).

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath.

This is becoming very crucial as the 3 ferts are produced at different rates, but the halb is produced using a single resource.

Is there any material to which I can refer?

Thanks & Regards

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vardev,

Your query is becoming more and more ambiguous. It helps to give the maximum details possible for users to provide a better response.

Also I think using Finished Product and Components rather than FERT and HALB makes it more clear. Personally I get lost between FERT / HALB.

The BADI /SAPAPO/PWB_SOS is for enhancing the Source Ranking List.

More details in APO 4.1 help [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/47/37934e7ff19d4cb3b7084291a8259a/framesett.htm].

Hope this helps.

Somnath