Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Reports 2008 Retrieving the COM class factory

We have a Windows 2003 server that is currently running Crystal Reports 11.5 and we are trying to upgrade the server to Crystal Reports 2008.

I have run into multiple issues with setting this up. I tried installing the CRRedist*.msi on the server. When I pull up a report using the CrystalReportViewer in ASP.NET 2.0, I am receiving the following error.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {D7F5D7C3-B06C-4CAC-BC47-A06E66D2EE9B} failed due to the following error: 80000003.

After receiving this error, I uninstalled the CRRedist and then installed a full version of CR2008 on the server. I am getting the same error message with this method. Here is the full error message.

-

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {D7F5D7C3-B06C-4CAC-BC47-A06E66D2EE9B} failed due to the following error: 80000003.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {D7F5D7C3-B06C-4CAC-BC47-A06E66D2EE9B} failed due to the following error: 80000003.

Source Error:

Line 15: AutoDataBind="True" GroupTreeImagesFolderUrl=""

Line 16: ReportSourceID="CrystalReportSource1" ToolbarImagesFolderUrl="" />

Line 17: <CR:CrystalReportSource ID="CrystalReportSource1" runat="server">

Line 18: <Report FileName="~\SPS06\GCTApplication2008.rpt">

Line 19: <Parameters>

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sisbeta\sps06\appViewer.aspx Line: 17

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80000003): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {D7F5D7C3-B06C-4CAC-BC47-A06E66D2EE9B} failed due to the following error: 80000003.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.CreateRptDoc() +33

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper..ctor() +31

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Initialize() +367

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..ctor() +184

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.CachedReport.get_ReportDocument() +36

CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalReportSource.set_Report(Report value) +255

ASP.sps06_appviewer_aspx.__BuildControlCrystalReportSource1() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sisbeta\sps06\appViewer.aspx:17

ASP.sps06_appviewer_aspx.__BuildControlform1() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sisbeta\sps06\appViewer.aspx:12

ASP.sps06_appviewer_aspx.__BuildControlTree(sps06_appviewer_aspx __ctrl) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sisbeta\sps06\appViewer.aspx:1

ASP.sps06_appviewer_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sisbeta\sps06\appViewer.aspx.vb:912307

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +40

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49

ASP.sps06_appviewer_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +29

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +303

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question