cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTR CONCEPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created otr text in sotr_edit and binded with the text property of ui element. Then in se63 , translation menu -> short text->selected the object type as OTR and entered the object name and translation area and clicked edit. I got the object name with otr text and a red color field line .

Then i logged in German language which is target language but in the button for which is set the otr text is showing the object name as such(ec63kg0e02.........) .

please do anyone say where the problem is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check out this link-

Regards

Lekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lekha,

I've already seen the site u mentioned in sdn forum. my question is after creating otr text and biding and then in se63 i enter the object name, translation name and click edit, but even after that translation is not done. What is the problem? and also in place of se63 it is said that we can follow the function module sotr_api_wb_translate. if so where should the function modules be called(i.e whether in wddoinit of view or anywhere else)? and in the function module what parameter to be passed in PGMID? Please explain me clearly. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

Here it goes -

Have a look at this Search hlep, SCTSOBJECT you will get to know the required things to be passed to the FM.

Regards

Lekha

uday_gubbala2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

In the call to the FM enter your source & target language and PGMID = LIMU, OBJECT = WDYV &

OBJNAME = <name of WDA component> (you can use % here as a wildcard). After giving all these import parameters it would go to a screen(Translate from & to &) where it would show all the custom text OTRs we had created . It would also have an input field for the selected custom OTR text. This is where you put the translation for that OTR text.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Actually i entered the function module parameters and its working fine . but we don't know other languages like german, french and so on except english. As we does not know the translated text in target language for otr text is there any dictionary maintained in sap system to show the translated text in different languages for english. So that it would be easy for us to find the target language text for the otr text. Please clear my doubt.

Thanks,

Sudha.