cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI - BO integration basic knowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody !

I am new in this Integration thing between BI-BO and I've never worked with BO before, so I can only walk with one leg, the BI one...

We have deployed our integration kit between both systems and right now we are able to create universes based in InfoCubes only.

The questions are:

+ How can I create a universe based on a BI query ? Which objects of the query are imported into BO when you do so (variables, restricted KF, calculated KF, input variables for the query, etc...)

+ Lately I've been fighting against SSO. I finally managed (thanks SDN guys) to do so, but when you log into InfoView with SAP credentials there are no objects available. I thought that this was because universes where supposed to be created beforehand in Universe Designer with SAP credentials, but when I try to log into it, I don't have the SAP domain option... So, which is the functionality of BO-BI SSO ? Which are the different options to get information into BO from BI ?,

Well, hope anyone can get this clear... it's quite messy, I know, but help will be thanked !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The integration kit allows also to create universes on queries. Are you using BOXI 3 ?

Normally in universe designer, you first get a list of queries and at the end $InfoCube with underneath the InfoCubes.

Kind regards,

Luc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Luc !

Actually I would like to know which objects of BI query are actually imported once you create your universe based on query.

I have seen the universe designer and I know where to find my BI queries to create the universe on top of one of theml ! But I need to know which limitations will I bump into once I create my BO qureies.

Can I export variables filled by a customer exit? What about attributes ? Are they available for importing from BO ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Santiago

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Santiago,

look at the blog I created on this :

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

The attributes are supported and tranlated into dimensions.

The customer exit variables are supported but without user entry.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,

Luc

Answers (0)