Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

BI - BO integration basic knowledge

Hi everybody !

I am new in this Integration thing between BI-BO and I've never worked with BO before, so I can only walk with one leg, the BI one...

We have deployed our integration kit between both systems and right now we are able to create universes based in InfoCubes only.

The questions are:

+ How can I create a universe based on a BI query ? Which objects of the query are imported into BO when you do so (variables, restricted KF, calculated KF, input variables for the query, etc...)

+ Lately I've been fighting against SSO. I finally managed (thanks SDN guys) to do so, but when you log into InfoView with SAP credentials there are no objects available. I thought that this was because universes where supposed to be created beforehand in Universe Designer with SAP credentials, but when I try to log into it, I don't have the SAP domain option... So, which is the functionality of BO-BI SSO ? Which are the different options to get information into BO from BI ?,

Well, hope anyone can get this clear... it's quite messy, I know, but help will be thanked !

Former Member
replied

hi Santiago,

look at the blog I created on this :

BusinessObjects and SAP Part 5

Ingo

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question