Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Intermittant Problem exporting from CRS

I am using Crystal Reports Server (version 11.0.0.1282) on a Windows Server 2003 machine. I have Crystal Reports XI Professional installed on my local machine (Windows XP). I can export reports from CR XI to Excel with no problem. However, when other users (and myself) try to export from Crystal Reports Server to Excel it only works about 30-40% of the time. Most of the time, a dialog box pops up showing the file being transfered graphically (there is no status bar filling up), but the download from server to local machine never completes. Other times, the report is exported almost immediately.

This happens with all reports, regardless of size, and happens regardless of whether the user choses Open or Save. All users have Norton Internet Security installed, but there is a General Rule on each firewall to allow all communication on the local network (192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0). I can't think of any other possible culprits, but I don't really think the Norton is to blame since the problem is only intermittant. Is it possible that network congestion could cause this? Is there a Server I can check through the Central Management Console (all appear to be operating normally)?

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question