Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Commitment check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am again in trouble.

This time it is with commitment check, I have created a project, and created a PR for material and Services, here my problem is commitment check for material is not taking place, where as the same is triggering for services. Availability control is also active.

That means I am able to create material PR for any amount irrespective of the budget, but for Services system is giving the messages as per the tolerance limits I set in background.

I have created the statistical cost element under category 90. and also I maintained the project valuation class in the material master.

I have checked the commitment activation in background its active.

The value of the PR is not showing in any of the reports.

Please help me out in this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your FI team member to create category 90 Cost Element (Statistical Cost Element) for the balance sheet related GL account codes being determined in the procurement process. This means, all the GL account codes that will be used for procurement process should be created as statistical cost element. Once this is done, recreate PR and PO and I am sure you will have availability check working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

my problem is solved. I was under the impression that only asset related balance sheet a/c are created as statistical cost elements under cat. 90, after a very huge fight with my FICO team, I have created the other balance sheet a/c as statistical cost elements under cat 90.

And now its working fine.

Thanks to all for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Try flagging planning indicator in T-code OPSC. It will updates commitments.

Than run CJBN -- Reconstruct availability control.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try RKANBU01 in SE38 and see if it helps

Regards,

Manish

ansar_shaikh2
Contributor
0 Kudos

check in OKKP in your controlling area, tick the indicator commitment management with sales order,

hope ur prob will be solve.

Regards,

ANSAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ansar,

Thanks for your reply, I already checked it, its active. And more over we are not using the customer projects.

Please any one help me out in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced the same problem in my case wherein, avilablity control is not activating in Services as well as Materials while creating the PR as i used to give irrrelevent cost element.

Check the cost element which you are using for both services and Material PR. Create a Material PR with the same Service Cost element and try.

Regards

N.Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N.Raju,

Thanks for your reply,

But cannot use the cost element of the services in Material PR since my stock is valuated stock type.

Here availability control is very well active. I have cross verified that.

Please some one through some light on this.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some please help me out on this issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

You should do two things.

1.check the account assigntment actagory.

2.Run the CJEN for that project,remove test run ,Do't tick

deletion .

I think it will work for you as for me.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The a/c assignment is Q, I run the t code CJEN and created a new PR checked the reports, still the same problem exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run transaction CJEN, remove check box against 'test run' and 'background execution' and execute the transaction. This rebuilds the info data base in case there are some misses. Once this is done, you should be able to see value in commitment. Even after this you do not see value, please carryout new purchase for the same material. Commitment value has to appear.