cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB6 Crystal Reports 8.5 - RDC Component to Export Reports To Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an application written in VB6 that uses the RDC in Crystal Reports 8.5 to export reports the printer. We are currently making some security changes to lock down several of our servers. Currently our custom print queue for Crystal runs in windows services as administrator. All the printers are installed as administrator. As soon as we change our application to run as a different account (ie. CrystalService) it no longer can find the printers. I was wondering if there is a way for the windows service to recognize the printers installed as administrator without re-installing all printers on all servers as the new user Crystal Service.

Thanks for your help and let me know if I can add anything to clarify the situation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I htink this may be the MS KB that Don mentioned:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/184291/en-us

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help. the solution will meet our needs perfectly.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Other than re-installing under the new user account you can search Microsofts web site on how to change printer permissions. There is an article there that explains how to copy the Printer registry keys into the local user account.

Then it should all work for you, this is all a Windows permission issue, not a Crystal Reports Issue.

Thank you

Don