cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Source System Create question

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I have been able to create an R/3 Source System in BI after some struggle. I right clicked on the SAP Folder to create the system and when I did create the system it put the system under the BI Folder and the icon next to the system is not an R/3 System. I looked in the legend and the icon I'm seeing is not shown or listed. Can anyone take a look at the source system icon and let me know what you think it is and should I be concerned? and let me know why it would show up under the BI Folder instead of SAP?

I'm in a BI 7.x environment. Here's the image: http://i35.tinypic.com/3096mir.jpg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like when you created DV1CLNT220 source system in RSA1, you flagged it as an SAP Business Information Warehouse source system. Delete the source system and try again.

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't see anywhere to flag this. Also, wouldn't the icon be different?

Any more help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In RSA1, Source Systems, when you right-click on Source Systems and " Create... ", aren't you prompted with a window to Select Source System Type ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I did the right click and specified R/3 system and the exact same thing is happening. The source system appears under the BI Folder and has the strange (BI?) system Icon. It is possible to have multiple DEV R3 Source Systems correct?

What could I possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible to have multiple R/3 systems assigned in BW. Did you define your R/3 client in SM59 on your BW system?

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for hanging in there. yes I do have my R/3 Client defined in SM59. I can't under stand why it won't show up as an R/3 System... Got any more straws.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm... not at the moment, sorry. It does appear bizarre though. I haven't seen anything in OSS either. Have you tried creating as a Flat File system? or any of the other source system types?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken, I saw this post. Maybe this will help:

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Thank you, the OSS Note 1087980 mentioned in the threads you offered up worked like a charm. I guess someone on the ECC side executed RSA1 leading the source system to show up as a BW system. We ran the Function Module to clear some setup tables and all was well after creating the new systems.

I closed this out earlier, but I think you got full points. Thanks all!

Former Member
0 Kudos

@kenneth

sailing in similar boat. can you plz detail the steps that you took to correct this icon & reset the right connection plz?

anticipatory appreciation for all your accelerated assistance

ash