cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating DueDate by PaymentTerms from a given Start-Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @All !

Does anybody know a function within B1-SDK which calculates a DueDate by PaymentTerms from a given Start-Date?

I've found the

StartFrom-

NumberOfAdditionalMonths- and

NumberOfAdditionalDays-

propertys of the PaymentTermsTypes Object. The last two are nice for .NET-date calculation-methods.

But StartFrom must be "interpreted" correctly from a given Date. Is there any existing function like

Public Shared Function GetDueDate( _
       ByVal RefDate As System.DateTime, _ 
       ByVal PaymTerms As SAPbobsCOM.PaymentTermsTypes _
) As System.DateTime

which does everything automatically like it's done in an invoice when changing the PaymentTerms in B1 GUI?

Thanks,

Roland

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Roland Toschek,

You could use the PaymentGroupCode property of the document to set the PaymentTerms and the document's

DueDate will calculate by the DocDate and PaymentTerms.

Sample code:

myInvoice = oCompany.GetBusinessObject(SAPbobsCOM.BoObjectTypes.oInvoices)
        myInvoice.CardCode = "C1000"
        myInvoice.DocDate = Now
        myInvoice.PaymentGroupCode = 1   ' --- PaymentTerms : 30 days

myInvoice.Lines.ItemCode = "A1000"
        myInvoice.Lines.Quantity = 1
        myInvoice.Lines.Price = 10

RetVal = myInvoice.Add()

Best Regards

Jane Jing

SAP Business One Forums team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jane Jing,

thanks for your answer but it seems as if I must clarify my issue a little bit more

Yes: I know that the due date is automatically set in an invoice by DocDate and PaymentGroupCode when adding the invoice.

But what I wanna do is making the DueDate visible to the user on our own AddOn-Form before the user clicks "Add". I wanna do exactly the same as B1 on the system A/R-Invoice-form: On combo-selection of PaymentTerms an EditText with DueDate ought to change to the correctly calculated DueDate.

Cheers,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use the GetDueDate() method.

GetDueDate(CardCode as string, refDate as date) as SAPbobsCOM.Recordset

Alan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Allan,

thanks for your answer.

I'm ashamed: I didn't discover this method until now.

But unfortunatly this function does not help. It works as expected but the result-date is always based on the Businesspartners default-payment-terms.

What I need is a function where the payment-terms could be changed as a one-time-option (for one document) and the resulting date can be written into an EditText (by AddOn-code) on the AddOn form before adding the document.

The only way I see at the moment is to make my own function as

Public Shared Function GetDueDate( _
       ByVal PaymTerms As SAPbobsCOM.PaymentTermsTypes _
) As System.DateTime

But I don't know how to calculate with especially the "Half month" setting in the Payment-Terms -Setup

How is a DueDate Calculated from e.g. now for...

...Month End

...Half Month

...Month End

settings?

How is half month defined in February? How is it defined in month with 30 and 31 days?

Adding the other payment-setup-fields (month and days) should not be the problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

In the SDK documentation it's indicated that SBO calculates the due date following this method :

" Payment due date = StartFrom + NumberOfAdditionalMonths + NumberOfAdditionalDays

But it's not totally excact, because the "Half of month" is based on the number of days in the month of the DateRef and "End of Month" is based on the number of days in the month of the DueDate.

For "Half of Month", SBO takes the integer inferior of this operation : number of days of month of due date divided by 2 [(DaysInMonth(DueDate.Month, DueDate.Year)]

That means "15" for the months with 30 or 31 days and "14" for february.

I wrote the function below for you, let me know if it's ok. She's works fine on my side.

Public Shared Function myGetDueDate( _
       ByVal PaymTerms As SAPbobsCOM.PaymentTermsTypes) As System.DateTime

Dim oDay As Integer
        Dim oDate As Date

oDay = RefDate.Day
        oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Month, PaymTerms.NumberOfAdditionalMonths, RefDate)

Select Case PaymTerms.StartFrom
            Case SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_HalfMonth
                If RefDate.Month = 2 Then : oDay = 14
                Else : oDay = 15
                End If
            Case SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_MonthStart
                oDay = 1
            Case SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_MonthEnd
                oDay = Date.DaysInMonth(oDate.Year, oDate.Month)
        End Select

oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, (oDate.Day * -1) + oDay, oDate)
        oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, PaymTerms.NumberOfAdditionalDays, oDate)

Return oDate

End Function

Alan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Allan,

thanks for your answer and code

I've tested SDK-GetDueDate versus automatic DueDate after adding an invoice versus your myGetDueDate.

Here are the results of the test:

I've changed the DefaultPaym.-Terms of a BP for each test a) to c) to compare with SDK-GetDueDate.

RefDate=07.10.2008

Tested PaymentTerms:

a) MonthStart + 0 Month + 60 Days

GetDueDate => 31.12.2008 (Does this calculate from the next MonthStart?)

AddingInvoice => 31.12.2008

myGetDueDate => 30.11.2008

b) HalfMonth + 0 Month + 60 Days

GetDueDate => 06.12.2008

AddingInvoice => 14.12.2008

myGetDueDate => 14.12.2008

c) MonthEnd + 0 Month + 60 Days

GetDueDate => 06.12.2008

AddingInvoice => 30.12.2008

myGetDueDate => 30.12.2008

It seems to me that SDK-GetDueDate has a Bug and your Function works correctly except case a)

AND: Does MonthStart calculate from the next MonthStart?

If so:

I've modified your Function a little bit. Only MonthStart is different. The rest is copied into the two other Case-Blocks.

It returns now the same DueDate for MonthStart as SAP when adding an invoice.

(...and the Function now works with the PaymentTermsID instead of the PaymentTerms-Object - this is more useful here because I get the ID from a Combo)

Public Shared Function myGetDueDate( _
           ByVal PaymTermsID As Integer _
    ) As System.DateTime

Dim PaymTerms As SAPbobsCOM.PaymentTermsTypes
        PaymTerms = SboCon.SboDI.GetBusinessObject(SAPbobsCOM.BoObjectTypes.oPaymentTermsTypes)
        If Not PaymTerms.GetByKey(PaymTermsID) Then
            Throw New Exception("PaymentTerms ID " & PaymTermsID & " not found")
        End If

Dim oDay As Integer
        Dim oDate As Date

oDay = RefDate.Day

Select Case PaymTerms.StartFrom
            Case SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_HalfMonth
                If RefDate.Month = 2 Then : oDay = 14
                Else : oDay = 15
                End If

oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Month, PaymTerms.NumberOfAdditionalMonths, RefDate)

Case SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_MonthStart

oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Month, 1, RefDate) ' Go to next month...
                oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, ((oDate.Day - 1) * -1), oDate) '...and first day of next month
                oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Month, PaymTerms.NumberOfAdditionalMonths, oDate) ' Add the PymTerm Month...
                oDate = DateAdd(DateInterval.Day, PaymTerms.NumberOfAdditionalDays, oDate) '...and days

Case SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_MonthEnd
                oDay = Date.DaysInMonth(oDate.Year, oDate.Month)

Case SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_None

End Select

Return oDate

End Function

Edited by: Roland Toschek on Oct 7, 2008 4:00 PM

=> I forgot SAPbobsCOM.BoPayTermDueTypes.pdt_None

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Your question is answered now ?

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos