cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Recurring Instances

Former Member
0 Kudos

BO is automatically creating multiple duplicate recurring instances for the reports that have recurring schedules. We are on XIR2 SP3 FP3.6 We noticed this is started happening after we applied SP3 FP3.6. It is happening for both webi and crystal reprots. Our environment is 2 CMS clusterd environment. Anyone one have any resolution for this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I currently have this issue since migrating to Java XIR2 SP3. The new environment has a cluster of two 64-bit BO Servers (running 32-bit BO) and two 32-bit WebSphere boxes.

The old environment which was just one box running .NET XIR2 SP3 never suffered from this issue.

Does this have something to do with clustered CMS'?

- Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Our environment is UNIX Websphere deplyment. Your's is windows or UNIX? We don't have those many scheduled instances running at the time when this issue happened last time. We definatly had less than 150.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running a Windows/Tomcat environment. So what might be causing our problem could be completely different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've experienced this issue as well. We are currently running XIR2 SP2 FixPack 2.4 and the spontaneous creation of new additional recurring instances seems to sometimes happen after our nightly report scheduling. We have some reports that run at night that generate thousands of report instances and even though we spaced them out, it seems that if a problem occurs during the night processing then we end up with duplicate recurring instances. At the time we were only running 2 CMS's services (across a cluster of 5 BO servers). A forum post I found said that a CMS can only handle 150 concurrent processes (i.e. scheduled jobs) and suggested that we were over-taxing the CMS which causes the problem with duplicate recurring instances. We brought two more CMS' online and this seems to have helped the problem.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

If upgrading to SP4 is an option, I'll definitely recommend it because SP4 is a lot more stable and I haven't had any issues like ehat you mentioned in SP4.