Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Significance of VERSION in transaction MD61

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a query related to creation of Planned Independent Requirements. What is the significance of field "VERSION" in txn MD61, can we maintain more than one version for a single material.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes you can have many versions. it can usedd to distinguish the source of the requirement. i.e With the version number various planned independent requirements can be indicated according to their origin. For example, whether the demand program results from SOP or from the material forecast.

Versions can be set to active and inactive. Only active versions are included in the planning run.

Using the version compare function, you can compare various versions of a demand program with each other.

You can also create versions for long-term planning.

regards,

Ashok

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

Can we have more than one active version at a time, and what all settings are to be done for the same.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok for your valuable inputs

I am having few more queries in my mind regarding the same thing,

1) how can we set versions to active or inactive,

2) Can we have more than one active version at a time, and what all settings are to be done for the same.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) There is a check box next to version no. If it is checked it it means the version is active else inactive.

2) You can have more than one version active... there is no restriction on that. No additional settings to be done, it is a standard option. But the system will not allow you to create two versions with the same version no.. Thats all

Regards,

Ashok

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok for your valuable inputs

In txn MD61 I am not able to find any check box next to version number, can you please clarify more where can I find the check box for making the version active or inactive.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Edited by: JITENDER KUMAR THARWANI on Sep 17, 2008 3:20 PM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MD61 click on Requirement parameter or press F5 there at bottom you will get active box press F1 on it you will get details. So active tick mark for version is active, that is, relevant to MRP.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok... now i realise you are working from the base screen.

Go to MD61, Enter Material name, Plant, version no and hit Enter.

In the next screen, you have the following fields... Material, MRP Area, version(V), Version Active (A).

The fourth field (A) has a check box for making a version active or inactive.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member404428
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok for your valuable inputs again

I got my doubt solved now, shall look forward to you again in case of any further queries.

Regards,

J K Tharwani

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Version is set of data which can be maintained for different purpose.

Example - Varsion which represents the LTP data and version which represents the MRP data, version which represents the data of SOP.

I hope you got the point..else come back