cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 7/8.5 compatible to Windows Server 2008?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need new new terminal servers. In particular on these features Windows server 2008 offers many advantages compared to the older Windows server editions.

The software which should be installed on uses Crystal Reports 8.5. And even the installation of CR 8.5 upgrades from Crystal Reports 7.

Does anybody know if those old versions of CR are incompatible with Windows Server 2008?

regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peet,

Supported plateform guide is here:

[https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/bosap-support]

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shweta,

unfortunately I'm not allowed to register to SAP's service marketplace. I'm not the owner of CR, but a customer who uses a software which uses CR. Up to now the developer of this software can't give me the answer if CR 8.5 is running on W2008.

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have gone through the document of plateform supported guide and want to let you know that Windows Server 2008 has not been tested with Crystal Reports(any version) till date.

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peet,

The software might work on windows 2008 server. However, if there are any error messages or bugs found while using it will not be addressed as the product has not be tested on this platform. (As also the technical support for versions 9.2 and earlier has already ended, so Product Group no longer works on the bugs or supported platform for these products.)

A better idea would be to install the products CR 10 and higher on Operating Systems which have been tested. That ways you can be sure that the the product is supposed to work correctly on a particular setup.

Please do let us know your thoughts about it.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course it makes sense to upgrade to a newer version of CR when the OS is newer, too. Unfortunately I'm not the developer, but the customer, and I don't think that the company is planning to upgrade to a newer version of CR.

Bad luck!

Best idea is to test it on a virtual system with W2008 and check if everything is working there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to test the application on Windows Server 2008. My first impression is that everything works fine which is developed with Crystal Reports.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Windows Server 2008 has not been tested with Crystal Reports(any version) till date.

Once it is fully tested and found to be supported, it would be mentioned in the Supported Platforms guide document of that particular Crystal Reports version.

Regards

Sourashree