cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order & order as characteristics to create profitability segments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

SAP recommendation is to exclude sales order and order from segment level. What are the performance criterias to judge whether they could still be used at the segment level? Number of sales orders, number of profitability segments overall? How much does additional indexing help? What is your experience?

Thanks,

Auvo Ahola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for comments,

this is what I needed.

Cheers,

Auvo Ahola

former_member184941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahola,

These characteristics cause performance problems as they are different everytime you post a document and cause a new PAOBJNR to be derived resulting in a new entry in CE4XXXX (XXXXX being your operating concern) almost everytime a doc is posted.

I have seen many customers using these char but believe me they face major performance issue.

Regards,

Abhisek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Abhisek,

I can understand that SAP wants to "limit" the entries for performance reasons, however... when transferring data to BI, by default the CE4XXXX table is read... and I really need the sales orders + items in BI

Is there a work around for the performance issues? I'll try and find out whether there is a workaround for the BI part (if we can read directly from CE1XXXX I'm good).

Thanks,

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek.

You are definitely right. We are now facing the performance problem because of sales order in PSG. In order to control the growth of CE4xxxx, we need to change sales order into 'not use' in segment level characteristic. Do I need to deactivate operating concern before I change it with KEQ3, and then activate operating concern after change ? Anything else I need to do except KEQ3?

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Rebe Z.

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rebe Z,

Appogizing for cutting yours off suddenly. But this thread is "answered" so that I just thought anyone won't reply to yours. Anyway, the exact step to deactivate "SO" and "SO-items" within Profitability Segemnt is only transaction KEQ3. No need any other processes.

However, you should consider the size of CE4xxxx which has already been created in database. Because, even if you deactivate "SO number" from profitability segment, the past data will not be changed. there're the possible performance problem still. So if you completely deactivate "SO" from CE4xxxx, you have to archive CE4xxxx.

If you are interested in archiving profitability segment, please check SAP Note 383728, 1038939.

NOTE: Archiving for CO-PA is different by SAP ERP release, especially between 46c, 470, and 600.

Best regards, Takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Takashi,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer. It is very valuable and helpful.

Regards,

Rebe Z.