Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Text Editor displaying & incorrectly.

aditya_niyogi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I am facing an issue that the & sign is not being displayed correctly in the Long text editor. It is shown as '<(>&<)>' in some places and '&' in others. I understand that the <(> symbol is used as protection for special symbols like &, however this is occuring in some places and not in others. Is there any package which fixes this problem??

Please help.

Thanks,

Aditya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens when you enter your fields &W_MATNR& in the "Graphical PC Editor".

If need to enter the variable, than you shold go to the LINE editor and enter the &W_MATNR& variable.

It will not bring the '<(>&<)>'.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

3 REPLIES 3

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens when you enter your fields &W_MATNR& in the "Graphical PC Editor".

If need to enter the variable, than you shold go to the LINE editor and enter the &W_MATNR& variable.

It will not bring the '<(>&<)>'.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

0 Kudos

Hi Naimesh,

My problem is not with the display of variables in the editor. Consider the case wherein transactional data is displayed in Long text. For example if you go to IW22 and decide to change the text for the notification description. In case you give a & sign in the long text - it will be converted to - '<(>&<)>' , when I log on to see the changes I made the next time. However I want the editor to stop this conversion. Please reply.

Thanks ,

Aditya.

aditya_niyogi
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems that this problem cannot be fixed as it is a technical constraint.