Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Adobe Forms

Good Morning,

I wondered if anyone can help with some of Documentation of configuration of Adobe Forms

There was any way to make dynamic combox ?

Regards.

Former Member
replied

Really two choices here....

(1) When you user picks from the first listbox....have a service call (from custom "event") to the backend to populate the second list/combo box based on the selection in the first one.

or

(2) Pull everything you need in the beginning. Simple use Javascript to build arrays for the first and second list/combo boxes. There are TONS of examples of this on the web....look for car dealerships....they do this when selecting a "make" and "model" of cars.

Now, which one to use? it will depend largely on the volume of data you are talking about. I try to limit the "back and forth" from the front to backend as mush as possible and utilize Javascript more on the frontend to handle user interaction (dynamic selections, validations ,etc) . If the selections are fairly small, then I always go for choice #2. However, if you will have a LOT of selections for EACH of your first selection choices, then #1 might be a better way to go.

Either way, the coding is pretty simple and nothing that should require a lot of time.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question