cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need solution - IDOC to JMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a requirement from my client and would like to know whether i need to use BPM or not??

Functional Details

When Transport orders ZFWO are created and updated the output type ZBB7 on the order triggers creation of an order response IDoc.The IDoc is sent to XI.

XI transforms the IDoc to an XML-message and drops the message in an MQSeries queue with 3rdParty as receiving system. When XI has succesfully passed the message on to MQSeries XI updates status on the IDoc in SAP with status = 40 that indicate that XI has processed the IDoc successfully. Update of IDoc status is done by standard functionality using the IDoc type ALEAUD

In 3rdParty a job, is set up to start when data reaches the MQ queue. The job writes the input message on an archive file, parses the message, validates data, updates accepted order documents as 3rdParty orders, and creates a receipt at message level for all messages, both accepted and rejected. Messages with errors are rejected at message level u2013 that is an error in one item will lead to the whole message being rejected.

The receipt from 3rdParty System to SAP is created as an XML-message and is put in an MQSeries queue that has XI as receiver. Each XML status message from 3rdParty system will contain status update for one IDoc. XI transforms the receipt message to IDoc and passes the IDoc to SAP where status on the original order response message is updated. Update of IDoc status is done by standard functionality using the IDoc type STATUS.

3rdParty System will give information on item level on the reason for the rejection on a list.

The list will also contain SAPu2019s order number, and IDoc number and knowing this the user can correct the order in SAP or correct the necessary masterdata in SAP/3rdParty . Having corrected the necessary data the user must trigger resend of the order. A new ouput (ZBB7) is determined when the sales order is saved after the changes have been done.

Awaiting for your replies and suggestions..

Thanks & Regards,

Y.Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to confirm once again from you regarding my scenario which is,

When XI has succesfully passed the message on to MQSeries XI updates status on the IDoc in SAP with status = 40 that indicate that XI has processed the IDoc successfully. Update of IDoc status is done by standard functionality using the IDoc type ALEAUD

This is the first scenario which i have to use BPM..am i right?

and the second scenario is follows,

MQ->XI->IDoc (Status)

Pls. confirm the above where as i need to start the development ASAP.

Thanks for your all valuable replies...

Regards,

Y.Raj.

Edited by: YeswanthRaj Kumar on Sep 17, 2008 8:44 AM

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Your understanding is correct. Please dont post duplicate threads..!!

VJ

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For the first scenario, we do not need a BPM actually.

If Idoc Acknowledgments are not turned off , XI automatically triggers the AleAduit back to SAP.

All you would need to ensure that this happens is,

1. Make sure your Receiver Business System / Service associated with the JMS has a logical system name associate with it.

2. In the Receiver Business System, create a idoc adapter whose name starts with "Ack" and this adapter's details will be used to send the Ack back to R3.

This is described in this document,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df...

In the case of the Other scenaroio, the only concern I have is for the JMS correlation? Do you need some sort of technical correlation or would a Business Correlation be available in the Business Data. If yes, then its just another JMS - XI - Idoc Scenario.

Regards

Bhavesh

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information Bhavesh. I have not worked with IDoc acknowledgments much.. Hope I would get such a requirement soon..!!

VJ

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U r welcome VJ. This is on my to -blog list for ages now.

Time has been a constraint recently, but sometime soon, I do think I will be back and hopefully with a bang

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Bhavesh Kantilal and sorry for my duplicate threads as i promise you that i would not be create any such type of threads again..

Thanks for your valuable reply.

Regards,

Y.Raj.

Edited by: YeswanthRaj Kumar on Sep 22, 2008 9:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI Experts,

I need to give an estimation of this above interface.

Could you please suggest me like how many days can i take this to finish it up and would like to know more suggestions on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Y.Raj.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically your requirement is a round trip.. involving async systems. You can look at them as -

IDoc ->XI-> MQ->IDoc (ALEUD)->SAP

MQ->XI->IDoc (Status)

The first one would need a BPM as it needs to put the message in MQ and if success would send the ALEUD IDoc to SAP. Should be a simple BPM. Unless any exception occurs while sending to MQ in the BPM, it would normally create the IDoc statically and send it out.

The second scenario is straight forward and would not require a BPM.

Hope it helps..

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayashankar,

Thanks for your very helpful answer.

Could you pls. more elaborate on your words .....Unless any exception occurs while sending to MQ in the BPM, it would normally create the IDoc statically and send it out.

Regards,

Y.Raj.