cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adda more pages to an Interactive Form and the binary context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

my scenario is: I have a java webdynpro with a view with an interactive form of 2 pages. I inserted a button on the pdf which duplicates the second page (using java script). Then there is the "submit to SAP" button which transfers the content of the binary context (I bound it to the pdfSource attribute of the interactive form) to an R/3 system. The fact is that when then I read the "binary" file from R/3, I find only the 2 pages and not the pages I added with my button.

How can I do? It's important for me the possibility of having more second pages.

Sorry for my english,

Thanks in advance

Enrico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

If I understand correctly, you are calling the addInstance() on click of the button that you placed in your form and when you add more pages using this button and save the fikle and open it again, the newly added instances are not displayed in the form. Am I right?

If this is the scenario, the you need to store the value of the forms created using this button and call the same addInstance() method in the initialize event of your form. I.e place the same code that is there in click event of the button inside the Initialize event of the form with the number that we have saved in some hidden field.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

you are right!!! you undestood correctly. I will try to what you suggest. I think that my problem would be due to a property of the interactive form. do you think so?

regards,

Enrico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

I dont think it should be due to some property of the IF.

But the scenario is when you create instances and save the form, instances hat you created dynamically remains in the form but they are hidden. You just need to call the method to show them again.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I noted that if I delete the data connection from my interactive form, It works perfectly!!! But I need the data connection from interactive form to web dynpro context. How can I do?

Thanks

Enrico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Enrico,

It should work perfectly with the data connection also just try calling the addinstance & calculate when loading the form.

We also faced same issue and it worked for us and we had mapping between form and context.

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

sorry for my delay in answering. My perplexity is: if I set the number of pages at the begining of the form, I think I loose all datas (including images) I write on my pdf. Is it right?

Thanks,

regards Enrico

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erico,

Check the property "Mode" of the Intercative Form UI in the view .

Change it to "updateDataInPdf"

Refer: [Interactive Form API|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1a/ff773f12f14a18e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Reema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

I already did this, but nothing changed.

Regards,

Enrico