cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CCMS monitoring - Is it necessary to configure CCMS even if we just want to use Alert Framework (Alert Monitoring) of XI??

For alerts to be raised in XI for any kind of errors - Is it enough to define Alert category in alrtcatdef and alert rules with sender and receiver information in RWB? with all the ICF services for alert activated?? or do we need CCMS configured?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>CCMS monitoring - Is it necessary to configure CCMS even if we just want to use Alert Framework (Alert Monitoring) of XI??

no you don't need CCMS

>>>Is it enough to define Alert category in alrtcatdef and alert rules with sender and receiver information in RWB?

Did you have a look at question 16 (integration engine section) on my XI FAQ page?

BTW if you have SP14 or above you don't need end-to-end

monitoring to use alert framework

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

How could I miss those?? How could anyone miss those?? Its been like a bible for alert monitoring. I checked those two links. I find only one step missing in mine.

In RWB->Configuration, I dont see my business system listed in the list with monitoring level medium or high is this a reason why alerts are not raised for me? Also I have some errors at the bottom for some business systems like Unable to log on to system in language en with user XIRWBUSER. Have you come across anything like this??

When I seached the forum for this error - all of the messages talk about XIRWBUSER not configured in the business system if that system is involved in proxy generation. But i am not using proxies. But still I am getting this error.

Thanks for the response..Please suggest...

Thilothama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thilothama,

In RWB->Configuration You can select and configure SAP components only.

Check this link...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/98/1ccbed8a233e4ca57d2b938e67c188/content.htm

If you have any third party business systems then you cannot include them in RWB->Configuration.

To monitor SAP components you need XIRWBUSER created on your end systems with the appropriate role..

Also check this from online help..

"The Runtime Workbench receives the data for end-to-end monitoring from the Process Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI), which is an SAP monitoring tool for monitoring end-to-end technical processes involving multiple SAP components."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/82/9e8dfe9eadbd4b9194c433e646b84e/content.htm

Regards

Anand

Answers (0)