Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CC 5.2 Static Text

Hello,

We are migrating from CC 4.0 to CC 5.2. Task 3 of the Migration Guide explains the process of exporting SAPtext from the backend and uploading it to the frontend.

Step 9:

Complete the following fields:

- System ID

If CC is connected to multiple SAP systems, enter a single system name here and repeat u201CTask 3: Upload

Static Textu201D (steps 1 through 10) for each SAP system.

- Local file u2013 Enter (or browse to) the file path for file SAPText.txt.

My question is about loading SAP text from multipe systems. Our master system in CC 5.2 is PR (which is where we exported our rules from) but we do run cross-box analysis on SR and CR. Regarding the bolded text above, does this mean I have to extract static text from all 3 backend systems (via the /VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_DESC program) and load it to the frontend? And if so, can someone please explain to me what the function/purpose of static text is?

Thanks!!

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi again Jes,

Yes, you have to upload the "Auth object data" for all systems.

Why is such information used for? When you add transactions to a functions and if you have uploaded such "auth object data", the permissions linked to such transations are retrieved from CC DB and added to the function at the permission level.

Where is such information stored within CC DB? Tables VIRSA_CC_SAPOBJ and VIRSA_CC_ SYSSAPOBJ store such data.

Hope it helps. Best regards,

Imanol

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? Ask a question