cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC 5.2 Static Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are migrating from CC 4.0 to CC 5.2. Task 3 of the Migration Guide explains the process of exporting SAPtext from the backend and uploading it to the frontend.

Step 9:

Complete the following fields:

- System ID

If CC is connected to multiple SAP systems, enter a single system name here and repeat u201CTask 3: Upload

Static Textu201D (steps 1 through 10) for each SAP system.

- Local file u2013 Enter (or browse to) the file path for file SAPText.txt.

My question is about loading SAP text from multipe systems. Our master system in CC 5.2 is PR (which is where we exported our rules from) but we do run cross-box analysis on SR and CR. Regarding the bolded text above, does this mean I have to extract static text from all 3 backend systems (via the /VIRSA/ZCC_DOWNLOAD_DESC program) and load it to the frontend? And if so, can someone please explain to me what the function/purpose of static text is?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Jes,

Yes, you have to upload the "Auth object data" for all systems.

Why is such information used for? When you add transactions to a functions and if you have uploaded such "auth object data", the permissions linked to such transations are retrieved from CC DB and added to the function at the permission level.

Where is such information stored within CC DB? Tables VIRSA_CC_SAPOBJ and VIRSA_CC_ SYSSAPOBJ store such data.

Hope it helps. Best regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to Imanol and Tavi for your responses, I appreciate it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jes,

From the bold text and as you stated, you have to execute such program as many times as instances of SAP R/3 system you want to run risk analysis for.

What is such information loaded into CC for? Basically such information is master data definitions for all actions, authorization objects, fields, values and org variables.

For instance, when you define a function, you have to add a transaction. If previously you have uploaded such info into CC database you will be able to see the description related to it.

Please keep in mind the language you download the descriptions for and the CC user language setting.

The static text you upload into CC is registered in table VIRSA_CC_OBJTEXT

** Example of it **

Row SYSTYPE TTYPE SYSMAP TKEY TLANG TTEXT

1 SAP ORG ORG FRGCO ES Código liberación

2 SAP ORG ORG J_1ASNR ES Lugar de operaciones

3 SAP ORG ORG ZMPSORG1 ES Organizaci�n de ventas

4 SAP ORG ORG ZMPSORG2 ES Puesto de expedici�n

5 SAP ORG ORG ZMPSORG3 ES Canal distribuci�n

6 SAP ORG ORG ZMPSORG4 ES Centro

7 SAP ORG ORG ARBPL ES Puesto de trabajo

8 SAP ORG ORG BKKRS ES Área bancaria

9 SAP ORG ORG BUKRS ES Sociedad

10 SAP ORG ORG BUNIT ES Unidad de consolidación

11 SAP ORG ORG BWKEY ES Área de valoración

12 SAP ORG ORG CEERKRS ES Sociedad PA

Hope it helps. Best regards,

Imanol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

Could you elaborate in the same way regarding Authorization Objects (which is the next step in the Migration Guide: Upload Auth Objects)?

So then similiar to Static Text, I should have to load Auth Objects for each system I have connected for running risk analysis, correct?

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you need to upload the Auth. Objects also for each system for which you wanna do the risk analysis as it takes the info from there while showing the result. Going forward also if you add any new system then perform this activity for Text & Object for the newly added system.

Thanks,

Tavi