Error when attempting to refresh Desktop Intelligence documents in Infoview
I have a group of documents that have been migrated from a legacy (version 5.1.5) Business Objects environment onto XIR2 sp4. These reports work correctly in the legacy system but when I attempt to refresh them in Infoview I get the error message 'ERROR: INF'. However, if I open the document in Deski it refreshes correctly - it's in infoview, both when refreshing on-demand and when using the scheduler, that I get the error.
I've created some very simple Webi reports from this universe and these refreshed ok but when I reproduced the same query in Deski I got the error again. I doubt that this issue is related to permissions as I've reproduced the error using the Administrator login. I've also ran an integrity check on the universe and everything parsed ok but ANY desktop Intelligence report created from the universe will not refresh in Infoview.
Has anyone come across a similar problem?
Thanks for any suggestions,
If you are getting the following error message then try solution1:
In BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2, when attempting to create or refresh a Desktop Intelligence report in Info View, the following error message appears:
When checking the trace logs, the one or both of the following error messages appear:
"File not found"
"The filename or extension is too long".
The error messages appear because the Enterprise XI Release 2 temporary storage directory uses a path name that is too long. The absolute limit to a file path or name on Windows 2003 is 256 characters.
To resolve the error messages, relocate the location for cache files for all cache servers.
For Desktop Intelligence and Crystal Reports, this can be done through the Central Management Console. For Web Intelligence, it must be performed through the registry.
If this has already been done, shorten the names of folders, universes, and documents until they start working again.
If you are getting the following error message then please try the solution2:
When refreshing Desktop Intelligence documents in Info view, the following error message appears:
"DA0011 ERROR INF. Universe cannot be found".
The location of the universe within the repository has been changed or was corrupted.
To resolve the error message, complete these steps:
1.Open the Universe in Designer.
2.Re-export it to a location in the repository.
3.Open the document in Desktop Intelligence.
4.Open the datacube. Under Definition repoint the document to be querying against the universe in the
repository location you chose in step 2.
5.Save and re-export the document.