How can create client ?
with step by step.
Syed Hussain replied
To Create client :
If it is a fresh installation, do this --
1. SCC4 --> Create client no. and fill other details.
2. Logon to the newly created client with SAP* and PASS as password.
3. SCCL --> choose any profile (preferably SAP_ALL), source client 000 and target client <as created just now>.
4. Preferably do a test run initially to check if it can go well.
5. As a care check space in databases.
If you are copying, Before doing a client copy, you need to prepare the following :-
1. Find the source client space with the client size custom program which can be implemented using the rel. note: Find the space of the client - '0118823'. This will give you the size of the source client.
2. If your are on Unix OS, adjust all the file systems according to PRD file system to fit the PRD client in DEV client based on space requirements also.
3. You can do the client copy by remote or export/import client. Remote method is not preferred if you are doing a large client copy. Do a client export/import.
4. To speed up the export/import, use R3trans export/import for the clustered tables. Please find the rel. notes related to performance improvements for cluster tables in OSS.
5. Do import and post processing.
Note: Export may take 10 to 20 hr. for 50gb of data
import may take 4 days and post import will take 8 to 15 hr. for 50gb of data. And it all depends on
your system performance.
Please refer OSS rel. notes for the few RZ10 parameters which needs to be set for cluster tables to speed up the process.
If you are copying from same system then flow the below steps:
1. Create the client in Tcode scc4.
2. Before that create a logical System in BD54.
3. Login in the newly created client with
user Name : sap* and password : pass
4. Use the Tcode sccl to copy the client.if you are not familiar with the client copy. Try a test run and then schedule it in background.
5. You can select the needed profile.
6. To view the log files use the tcode scc3.
If you are using different system then create a rfc connection in sm59.test the connection and then continue from the 1st step
You can also import and export a client. Use scc7 for importing from the client and scc8 fro exporting from the source client
For step by step with screen shots have a look at :