cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report of Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to create a "report of reports" show the report name, report description, universe, owner of report and amount of users that have access to the report

Please let me know is there a transaction code ; a program or what is a quick workaround as I need to give a presentation on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

Steps:

RSA1 -> BI Content -> Packages

I think the package that suits your needs is: RSTCC_OLAP.

Install the components of this packet in the same order like you would develop them (first infosources, DSO, cube, MP, update rules, process chains) to have the biggest chance on success.

kr

Anthony

anthony_debyser2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Don,

there is some business content available containing information about the available reports / usage of reports and so on. You just need to install this business content (Technical content) and you can make all kind of reports. It's based on the table RSDDSTAT (or RSDDSTATOLAP for BI7.0)

rgrds

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please Advise on the steps to install this Business Content and to confirm what Business Content to be installed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Don,

the following link from SAP help will explain you the objects you need to install for the "BW STATISTICS" in BW 3.5.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/8c/131e3b9f10b904e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

After installing the content you need to fill the objects with the data for certain duration to report on. But these statistics would give the data of all the objects except workbooks.

there would be a similar Technical content available for BI 7. I heard that the BI 7 Technical Content provides the stats of the workbooks as well.

OR ELSE

If you are short of time and would like to do the things manually, you can get the data from the report tables and prepare a report yourseld in excel.

the follwoing tables would give you the data regarding the queries and th their usage.

Query Tables:

RSZELTDIR Directory of the reporting component elements

RSZELTTXT Texts of reporting component elements

RSZELTXREF Directory of query element references

RSRREPDIR Directory of all reports (Query GENUNIID)

RSZCOMPDIR Directory of reporting components

RSZRANGE Selection specification for an element

RSZSELECT Selection properties of an element

RSZELTDIR Directory of the reporting component elements

RSZCOMPIC Assignment reuseable component <-> InfoCube

RSZELTPRIO Priorities with element collisions

RSZELTPROP Element properties (settings)

RSZELTATTR Attribute selection per dimension element

RSZCALC Definition of a formula element

RSZCEL Query Designer: Directory of Cells

RSZGLOBV Global Variables in Reporting

*Workbook Tables *

RSRWBINDEX List of binary large objects (Excel workbooks)

RSRWBINDEXT Titles of binary objects (Excel workbooks)

RSRWBSTORE Storage for binary large objects (Excel workbooks)

RSRWBTEMPLATE Assignment of Excel workbooks as personal templates

RSRWORKBOOK Where-used list for reports in workbooks

The following link gives the list of the important tables in BW

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/bi/importantTablesinSAPBI(NW2004)

Hope this helps your question. revert back if any more questions.

rapo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi We are currently on BI 7.0

Thanx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rapo

I am a jnewby in BW please advise on the steps to Accomplish this - as I need to do it by today

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Don,

I presume your requirement is a one off case.

specify your exact details in questions format then I can tell you the procedure for each question.

(assigning points is the way of thanking in SDN)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.please advise how to install business content

2.If the Business Content is Activated - how to develop a Report for the following -

The Amount of user that runs the querys and workbook

The Date that this Queries and Workbooks is Accesed

The most used reports

I would like to build a Report catalogue with all this info

Thanx for Assisting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isnt there a more simple way - eg a Functional Module or something

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Answered - Allocsated point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

regarding the "amount of users who have access" I see some difficulty. If you go with "amount of user who have accessed" you will get the answer in table RSDDSTAT. But if you want to know all potential users, I see no way, because access Management is usually provided by Roles. And I see no way to define a correct and complete way to find all potential users by analysing the roles in your system.

If you create a good role concept, you may savely assume that everyone who has a role assigned is able to access the Query. But there are authorizations like SAPALL which allow to circumvent them.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Report being a query, a workbook, a web template, a iview?

Which one

Normally you keep the report catalogue up to date as you create each one!

Former Member
0 Kudos

query, and workbooks

yogesh8984
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can store all such required details in ODS and create a report on the same.

Include the fields like report, report name, user ID etc in the ODS. Create a flatfile (Excel) of containing all such details and load it in ODS.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Yogesh