cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Acks not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have spent hours searching SDN for this specific problem, and can see some similar threads but none with a successful answer, so I will ask again.

I have the following scenario:

R/3 system sending an IDOC to XI, then XI mapping that to a custom XML message and sending it via the HTTP Adapter to an external business partner.

We have no issues with the above and get a chequered flag in SXMB_MONI.

But we want an Acknowledgement of that transmission to go back to the initiating IDOC in the R/3 system and update the status. e.g. If there was a HTTP comms failure and the message ended up in error in SXMB_MONI then we want that status sent back as an Acknowledgement to the original IDOC so that the R/3 system is aware of the failure.

We can see that XI tries to send the Ack back, but in SXMB_MONI in the "Ack Status" column there is an error associated with the Ack which says either "Acknowledgement not possible" or "Acknowledgement contains system errors". When we look into the error message contained within the Acknowledgement it says:

Unable to convert the sender service XXXXX to an ALE logical system

The Sender Service listed in the error message is the original Receiver Service which passed on the HTTP message to the 3rd party receiver. But in this case it is the sender because it is trying to send an Ack back to the R/3 system that is now the Reveiver. Note that it is a Business Service (not in SLD), it is NOT a Business System.

My question is - where is XI looking for an ALE Logical System name? My Business Service is not in the SLD (doesn't need to be, it's a 3rd party external system and I can send to it fine). I even tried populating the Adapter Specific Identifers for this Business Service with the IDOC Logical System name and R/3 System ID and Client, but that did nothing becasue this isn't using the IDOC Adapter, it's using the HTTP Adapter.

And note that we have SXMB_ADM param RUNTIME-ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE = 1.

And please dont post a bunch of links, I've looked at every message in SDN that refers to the above. Please only reply if you can type the exact answer and it refers to the Acks only.

Thanks,

Brendan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open(Double click) the Receiver Business service in ID and goto Change mode

goto Adapter Specific Identifiers---just give the LS name as HTTP and click on Apply and save Activate.

Do SXI_Cache also

Now try to post the Idoc Again from R/3

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brendan,

On Integration Directory

Click on your Business Service.

Click on Service.

Click on Adapter-Specific Identifiers

Here you can set IDOC Adapter Logical System.

Hope this help you,

Regards,

Carlos