Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Disassembly error

Hi,

I'm a .Net developer and have been using VS.Net alone for the past 4 yrs and purely new to this MAS.

I'm not able to get through the disassembly error which i'm getting while debugging the mobile client application.

I opened the baseline code and i was viewing through a business component code and its tilesets and tiles, by navigating to their corresponding code through the designer of the businesscomponent.

After viewing so, when i tried running the application, i'm getting the disassembly error with the error message saying 'The source file is different from when the module was built. Would you like the debugger to use it anyway?'.

Along with it, there is a type casting error in the generated code. That is, an array of objects are being passed to the assign method of the businesscomponent class and the order in which those objects are assigned to their instances is mismatched in the generated code part.

The solution that was adviced to me was to give 'generate all' and then try buliding the appln and run it. But still I'm getting the same error.

Please let me know how to fix this disassembly error thereby to fix this type casting error that occurs in the generated code block of the businesscomponent.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Priya

Edited by: priya venugopal on Sep 16, 2008 3:11 PM

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hello

When you try to debug the code from MAS especially,

you will open the code for any Development Object

(BO/BQ/Tile/TS etc) . Every time you do ' View Code' on any development object, MAS does background class file generation and generates new version of VB files. When you try

to debug now, breakpoint will not be hit saying that symbols

are not loaded. it is because Dll is not sync with the version of the .Vb files.

Debugging from MAS is tricky. There are various ways you can follow to debug from MAS.

Solution 1:

1. Open MAS

2. Go to Tools->Options, and click on Debugging ->General page.

3. Uncheck the option "Require source files to exactly match the original version"

4. Start Debugging Now.

NOTE: This solution is not tested.

Solution 2. Debugging from MAS

When you debug from MAS, please follow below the steps

1.Do a view code for the objects you want to debug.

2.Build the entire solution (Both UI and BOL). Performing build

after view code will ensure that dlls will be in sync with new

version of the VB files.

3.Set the breakpoints and start debugging. Verify that it works fine.

Solution 3. Debugging from MSA and SFABOL projects

Application code can be debugged using MSA.proj and sfabol.proj files.

Open both the projects in a single solutiion files, set the breakpoints and srart debugging.

Best Regards

Shankar

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question