Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Move DC into it's own project - missed something

I had a project that contained multiple DC's.

Project - NDI_MTEDOG2_Ddogsattendtrackreportsspiritaero.com

with Web Dynpro Components

AttendTrakGroupRptComp

ECCDogsComp

MessageComp

I have since discovered that it is best to put each of these DC's into their own project (build time was too much).

I created a new project NDI_MTEDOG2_Ddogsattendtrackmodelspiritaero.com and copied

ECCDogsComp (had to rename it to AttendModelComp since I've not deleted the ECCDogsComp yet).

When I initially created the ECCDogsComp the life cycle was manual as I only used it if and when I needed to access model data and thus had the code wdThis.wdGetECCDogsCompUsage().createComponent(). I removed this code from AttendTrakGroupRptComp's code. I then included the public part in the component, modified the code to call the methods from the new component and remapped everything I needed.

Problem --- I am able to see that the new component is executing - the input data is making it into the model and into the function module (saw it in the ABAP debugger). I've seen in ECC the data populated in the response back. BUT - when I look at the model output node the size is ZERO! I even created a view and application in this component to run it by itself and again there's something wrong with the thing. The input fields which are bound to the model are not enabled. I know this means that the node isn't created.

What did I miss? Is there something in there in getting the lifecycle changed from manual to whatever it needs?

Regards,

Diane

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question