cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE 7.1 Preview With Enhancement Pack 1 (BPM + BRM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The server is not fully starting after install:

Red Service Alert - Portal Health Checks and NW BPM not running

Amber Alert - Failed to start applications

Have reinstalled with same results (3 times!!)

Restarting still gives alerts but starts (requires manual connection to MaxDB first)

Portal Content Directory gives Portal Runtime Error for the iView panel, possibly not intended to be part of this install.

Warranty Claims Demo (BPM + BRM) fails to start Web Dynpro (all built and deployed), problems with tc brms facade not receiving information from containers. Not sure if some additional processes need manually starting.

Did anyone have similar problems. I may download again but would appreciate any suggestions.

Regards

Antony

Edited by: Antony Charnley on Sep 16, 2008 9:50 PM

Checked NWA Start & Stop, tc_brms_facade status was "failed to start". Will not start manually. Tried to start other Application Services to see if there was a dependency. Without success

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony i have encountered same problems whit starting the AS( Red Alert "Portal Health Check"), can you tell me how to do to connect manually to MaxDB?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessio,

I emailed a quick way of starting using the Max DB tool that comes as part of the install for viewing components and uninstalling.

A better way would be to use the Max DB Windows GUI tool. It can be downloaded from the SDN

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8092b159-c165-2910-958a-ea4e3e5f...

Regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

I repeated the download with the same results.

Checked MaxDB registry entries (Windows XP) and seem to have been cleaned correctly by MaxDB uninstall.

The error when trying to start Java EE Applicaton tcbrmsfacade in NWA is:

[ERROR CODE DPL.DS.5082] Exception while [validating application sap.com/tcbrmsfacade.

The sap.com/tcbrmsfacade application was processed from [EJBContainer] containers, but none of them returned information about deployed components.

The registered containers in this moment were [CTCContainer, MDRContainer, com.sap.security.ume, developmentserver, SCA Composites Container, com.sap.security.login-modules, app_libraries_container, Cache Configuration Upload, servlet_jsp, dbcontentcontainer, connector, Cluster File System, BRMS_Content_Archive, JMSConnector, MigrationContainer, Galaxy_Content_Archive, Monitoring Configurator, dbschemacontainer, appclient, orpersistence, PortalRuntimeContainer, JDBCConnector, EJBContainer, metamodelrepository, webservices_container, scheduler~container, ConfigurationsContainer, Content Container].

Possible reasons :

1.Empty or incorrect application, which is not recognized by registered containers.

2.An AS Java service, which is providing a container, is stopped or not deployed.

3.The containers, which processed it, are not implemented correctly, because the application was deployed or started initially, but containers didn't return information about deployed components in the application deployment info].

Without tcbrmsfacaade cannot run Business Rule tutorials.

Antony

Edited by: Antony Charnley on Sep 22, 2008 12:26 PM

Further Information:

Building and deploying a BPM process fails to start:

com.sap.glx.adapter.internal.Transformer ... Status: Adapter is missing

I'm trying to establsih if I have a bad installation ... can anyone confirm they have successful installed and can deploy business rules and business processes ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem right now. It seems like there is a bug in BRMS FACADE.sca, as explained in this blog, .

Any know where to download the latest BRMS FACADE.sca? It's not found in service market place.

Thanks in advance.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the new BRMS SCA now. It will be available in SDN very soon.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update Julius,

The blog you provided the link for includes the following suggestion for gett a new version of BRMS SCAu2019s.

" .... Available on request by sending email to Rajagopalan Narayanan, BRM Product Manager, He is currently working on the right way for getting this fix out onto SDN for the preview version, soon you can see the new build with the fix in SDN download section ... "

There was a further problem running BPM processes

I'm not sure if the new version preview will also cover the problem tring to start a BPM process as I'm not sure if this is a problem with the install.

It looks like the follwing adaptor is missing:

com.sap.glx.adapter.internal.Transformer ... Status: Adapter is missing

Regards

Antony

Edited by: Antony Charnley on Oct 8, 2008 12:57 PM

I have downloaded a new version of CE 7.1 Ehp 1 from the SDN (dated 29th Sept 08) and the tcbrmsfacade problems is now resolved. Thanks to Rajagopalan and Velu for information regarding the new download.

I'm still unable to run BPM processes due to com.sap.glx.adapter.BPMNAdapter status Adpater missing, but I'll close this question as the BRMS question is answred and open another one if I don't resolve the BPM adapter problem.

Regards

Antony