cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print setting......

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i want 2 know how 2 set r install new printer..

with related t-codes

Regards,

jiten......

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jiten,

Though you can set it via tcode SPAD as mentioned in the above post,although try this approach if you simply want printouts from SAP.

No need to configure a new printer.

SAP comes with a default printer configuration LP01.

Goto SU01>give user name to whom you want to assign>change and display>click on default tab>in spool control give LP01 and select the check box output immediately.

Now goto start>settings>control pannel-->printers and select the printer from which you want the output(set as default)

Now all SAP printout from that particular system will come from that default printer.

Hence no need to configure.SAP printout will come from the default printer defined for that particular system.

PS:This explanation is for simple SAP printout.I am not considering the concept of IP binding here.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wat wil hapen if i give LOCA 4 local printer instead of LP01??

Thanks,

j........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Printout will still come.Lets say you have 6 printers in your organization.You need not to do configure 6 times via transaction SPAD and assign it to different users in the organization.

Just assign LP01 to every user via Tcode SU01(as discussed in the above post)

Now user will be able to take printout from the default printer in his system.

Even if its is a cheque printer just select the cheque printer and set it as default.Now every printout will go to cheque printer.

Try this,it will definitely work.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot...................

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T-code SPAD.

However you can visit:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to main menu and use spad tcode then select device and create new printer, here you will find other button fill info according to button like ip address, printer name etc.

save it and use in sap.

Regards,

anil